Walker Set To Take A Bite in NCAAS | The Boneyard

Walker Set To Take A Bite in NCAAS

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn freshman Megan Walker set for first taste of NCAA tournament

“I feel like that is what we are here for because anybody can go down at any point so it is being ready and the next man is up,” Walker said. “There’s no margin for error, we are here trying to accomplish the same thing, I feel like if all of us work hard and work together that we will do that.”

Yeah, my title takes a little liberty. Wish she'd said that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

“I feel like that is what we are here for because anybody can go down at any point so it is being ready and the next man is up,” Walker said. “There’s no margin for error, we are here trying to accomplish the same thing, I feel like if all of us work hard and work together that we will do that.”

Well, I hope Meg is hungry!

Reaction Score
Sounds as if he might be planning, at least for the early rounds, to play a deeper bench:

“I feel like that comes in practice. He has been giving the second group lots of reps in our defensive drills,” Walker said during the conference tournament. “We are finally getting the hang of it, understanding what he wants us to do when we get out on the court.

“There are ups and downs, but it is pretty good now. Listening to the key things they say and do exactly that so I’d say it is pretty good.”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just have a feeling that the UCONN bench beyond Azura will be stepping up to help out in the first 2 rounds and be a viable choice to Geno and Staff in the following rounds!
I hope so, because against Texas, Baylor and MSS they are going to need both Z and Meg to step up. Especially Z. If they do I see a ladder, scissors and some twine in the future.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They may not have to play either one of them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I understand the thought, but not sure I like that. :oops:

Reaction Score
Is this year's team, with Azure and Megan, but minus Chong, better than last year's team going into the tournament?

Reaction Score
Is this year's team, with Azure and Megan, but minus Chong, better than last year's team going into the tournament?
well, of course: much better. Not just Z's presence, but Lou, Kia, and Gabby are playing at higher levels than last year, and Pheesa may be just a little less at times, but still very strong. And Crystal, oh my!

But UConn's best opponents are also better than last year's. And UConn remains a fantastic finesse team, still vulnerable to the most physical teams, which Baylor, MissState and even ND are.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any doubt that this year's team is better. KLS 2018 and Crystal 2018 are significantly better than their 2017 models. I think Napheesa is just as good regardless of a statistical decline based mostly on the early part of the year.

But the biggest difference is Azura (in the last month or so) playing like a real post. I think she can give Kalani Brown and McCowan as many problems as they give her, with her greater speed and agility. The question will be whether she can keep her fouls under control. As Geno has noted, she should at least stop fouling people during warmups.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Of course. Don't forget we have 4 genuine AAs with another year of experience and something to prove, an AAC Tourney MVP, a freshman who wants the spotlight back, a sophmore who has lots of Saniya's capabilities and a couple of the same warts, a sophmore banger who shoots the three is she'll shoot the dang thing, a banger proven to be good inside with some smooth moves ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom