Walker-Kimbrough | The Boneyard

Walker-Kimbrough

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

She's not lighting up the stat sheets. She gets very little playing time. Same goes for Brionna Jones and a few other rookies as well
Which makes Saniya's performance at Dallas that much more amazing. Steal of the draft. Goes #2 in the 3rd round, makes a team where about 15 players chosen ahead of her did not, and is performing in the top 6 rookies in the league. So happy for her and so proud of her...

Reaction Score
Which makes Saniya's performance at Dallas that much more amazing. Steal of the draft. Goes #2 in the 3rd round, makes a team where about 15 players chosen ahead of her did not, and is performing in the top 6 rookies in the league. So happy for her and so proud of her...

it's probably because of Saniya's lethal head fake :cool::D;)

Reaction Score
I hate to be a WNBA draft nerd, but only 7 players (out of 25) picked ahead of Chong are now unrestricted free agents. The rest either made teams or have their rights reserved by the teams that drafted them. ;)

The free agent list:
#9 Tori Jankoska
#13 Shayla Cooper
#19 Jordan Reynolds
#20 Feyonda Fitzgerald
#21 Chantel Osahor
#22 Ronni Williams
#25 Shaquilla Nunn
--------------------------------
#26 Saniya Chong :cool:
#27 Mehryn Kraker
#28 Jessica January
#31 Oderah Chidom
#32 Adrienne Motley
#34 Kai James
#35 Saicha Grant-Allen

Rights reserved:
#2 Alaina Coates (although if she doesn't sign with any pro team by the next draft, she can re-enter the next draft. Why she would want to go from #2 pick to #7 - #10, I'm not sure other than to avoid joining Chicago. It would be around a drop of $5000 in salary plus the #2 pick would be off her resume to impress overseas clubs)
#16 Leticia Romero (deferred foreign player pick)
#24 Lisa Berkani (deferred foreign player pick)
#36 Tahlia Tupaea (deferred foreign player pick)

Four 3rd round picks (including Chong) are currently on active rosters, which is pretty impressive.

I thought Chong would go early second round to possibly the Sun, but she seems to have fallen into the perfect situation for her.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Saniya is a perfect example. If you want to play in the WNBA....attend UConn and work hard, never give up.
I along with others including Geno had given up on Saniya, but she worked hard and proved us wrong. I found myself really cheering for her and I gave her praise along with the others.
I am so proud of Saniya. She was determined to play for the WNBA, and she did what she had to do to make it. Saniya got in the hip pocket of one of the best point guards (Moriah Jefferson), she took advice from one of the greatest point guards/Assistant Coaches (Shae Ralph) and she gained the respect and trust of the greatest Coach ever (Geno Auriemma).
Saniya still sometimes get beat off the dribble, but she works so hard on the court that you can overlook it.

Reaction Score
Not tryin to be rude when I say this but Wut does Chong have to do with walker? U are making this into a chong thread.

Reaction Score
Not tryin to be rude when I say this but Wut does Chong have to do with walker? U are making this into a chong thread.

This seemed less like a thread dedicated to Walker-Kimbrough and more like an inquiry to see if she made a team. Once you got your answer, people did what they wanted to make the thread more appealing to them. Not many people around here have an interest in Walker-Kimbrough. Would you rather have an active thread about all the rookies in general or a quickly dying thread about Walker-Kimbrough?

Reaction Score
I hate to be a WNBA draft nerd, but only 7 players (out of 25) picked ahead of Chong are now unrestricted free agents. The rest either made teams or have their rights reserved by the teams that drafted them. ;)

The free agent list:
#9 Tori Jankoska
#13 Shayla Cooper
#19 Jordan Reynolds
#20 Feyonda Fitzgerald
#21 Chantel Osahor
#22 Ronni Williams
#25 Shaquilla Nunn
#26 Saniya Chong :cool:
#27 Mehryn Kraker
#28 Jessica January
#31 Oderah Chidom
#32 Adrienne Motley
#34 Kai James
#35 Saicha Grant-Allen

Rights reserved:
#2 Alaina Coates (although if she doesn't sign with any pro team by the next draft, she can re-enter the next draft. Why she would want to go from #2 pick to #7 - #10, I'm not sure other than to avoid joining Chicago. It would be around a drop of $5000 in salary plus the #2 pick would be off her resume to impress overseas clubs)
#16 Leticia Romero (deferred foreign player pick)
#24 Lisa Berkani (deferred foreign player pick)
#36 Tahlia Tupaea (deferred foreign player pick)

Four 3rd round picks (including Chong) are currently on active rosters, which is pretty impressive.

I thought Chong would go early second round to possibly the Sun, but she seems to have fallen into the perfect situation for her.
There were many posters calling this a weak draft. I said all along that it was actually a deep draft. While there was no game changing player in the draft, there are many players who can contribute significantly to WNBA teams for years to come. If you look at that list of free agents, even there you can find quality players that if the league had one or two more teams could contribute significantly. For example, both Jessica January and Feyonda Fitzgerald did well when with the Sun. Ten years ago, Chantel Osahor and Shayla Cooper would have made a team. The talent level in women's basketball gets better and better.

But one question: who are the other three 3rd round picks on rosters? I'm curious.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There were many posters calling this a weak draft. I said all along that it was actually a deep draft. While there was no game changing player in the draft, there are many players who can contribute significantly to WNBA teams for years to come. If you look at that list of free agents, even there you can find quality players that if the league had one or two more teams could contribute significantly. For example, both Jessica January and Feyonda Fitzgerald did well when with the Sun. Ten years ago, Chantel Osahor and Shayla Cooper would have made a team. The talent level in women's basketball gets better and better.

But one question: who are the other three 3rd round picks on rosters? I'm curious.

3rd picks still on WNBA rosters
#26 Saniya Chong (Dallas Wings)
#29 Alexis Prince (Phoenix Mercury)
#30 Lanay Montgomery (Seattle Storm)
#33 Mikayla Epps (Chicago Sky)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
SWK played more than normal in today's blow-out of Seattle. She had 4 points on 2-4 shooting plus 2 steals and 1 assist. Much of the time, she was playing against fellow rookie Alexis Peterson. Shatori looked fairly comfortable out there, but she was the thinnest player on the floor by far. She could use more bulk and strength, as long as it doesn't slow her down.

Reaction Score
Danielle Adams vs Chantel Osahor.

If Danielle is playing Chantel should be on a team. I don't know if you guys have watched Danielle this year but she seems just as mobile as Osahor (vice versa). She is on a team and has made a career off a 3 inch lift jump shot. I don't see a big difference in their games.

Danielle

Chantel
Respect, Chantel Osahor's GAME!

Reaction Score
The Lynx are my team, and I was disappointed when they cut Osahor in favor of Fagbenle. A rookie only gets garbage or emergency time on the Lynx, so it might not make a difference either way. It's just that Osahor has these special qualities, and Fagbenle (although fit) strikes me as no more special than a 2nd or 3rd round post that you can typically find every year in the draft (this year, Breanna Lewis & Lanay Montgomery). If they could have gotten Osahor on the fitness wagon, that's a potentially really nice player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Danielle Adams vs Chantel Osahor.

If Danielle is playing Chantel should be on a team. I don't know if you guys have watched Danielle this year but she seems just as mobile as Osahor (vice versa). She is on a team and has made a career off a 3 inch lift jump shot. I don't see a big difference in their games.

Danielle

Chantel
Respect, Chantel Osahor's GAME!

I'd go with the vet

Reaction Score
SWK played more than normal in today's blow-out of Seattle. She had 4 points on 2-4 shooting plus 2 steals and 1 assist. Much of the time, she was playing against fellow rookie Alexis Peterson. Shatori looked fairly comfortable out there, but she was the thinnest player on the floor by far. She could use more bulk and strength, as long as it doesn't slow her down.

Watching DC this season- they would've been better off keeping Bria Hartley. They don't have a true point guard to serve up the scorers and run the team. That's why SWK isn't really thriving on this team. They can't even take advantage of having EDD as much as they should. Emma isn't really advancing with EDD as well.

DC should be a threat to score every time they bring the ball down the court but they're struggling.

Reaction Score
Watching DC this season- they would've been better off keeping Bria Hartley. They don't have a true point guard to serve up the scorers and run the team. That's why SWK isn't really thriving on this team. They can't even take advantage of having EDD as much as they should. Emma isn't really advancing with EDD as well.

DC should be a threat to score every time they bring the ball down the court but they're struggling.

Emma hasn't played yet this season. I believe she is just coming back from overseas last night.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wut does Kimbrough-Walker have to do with UCONN WBB??

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Are you sure Hartley is a true point guard?

Reaction Score
Emma hasn't played yet this season. I believe she is just coming back from overseas last night.

Emma played in the first few games this season. She played her first game the night after arriving in DC after playing in her overseas league.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would rather have Bria also but DC has a pretty good PG in Natasha Cloud. Tasha is only playing about 20 minutes per game and top 20 in WNBA in assists. This is not a fluke because she was also among NCAA leaders in assist when she played at St. Joe's after transferring from Maryland.

Reaction Score

Good insight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom