Walk ons | The Boneyard

Walk ons

Reaction Score
My wife and I were talking about the Huskies after the game this afternoon. She asked me if I knew how many walk-ons had been at the Huskies program since Geno took over. Ashamed to admit I have no idea. I remember Pulido. But I have no idea how many walk-ons we've had in the program over the years. Wondering if anyone knows?

Reaction Score
My wife and I were talking about the Huskies after the game this afternoon. She asked me if I knew how many walk-ons had been at the Huskies program since Geno took over. Ashamed to admit I have no idea. I remember Pulido. But I have no idea how many walk-ons we've had in the program over the years. Wondering if anyone knows?
If you need to get some correct information about UCONN just simply state something as a fact and you will get corrected (nicely of course) by one of the many uberknowledgable UCONN fans on the board. For example.... I can't believe that Pulido has been the only walk-on since Geno took over UCONN. Now just sit back and wait.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you need to get some correct information about UCONN just simply state something as a fact and you will get corrected (nicely of course) by one of the many uberknowledgable UCONN fans on the board. For example.... I can't believe that Pulido has been the only walk-on since Geno took over UCONN. Now just sit back and wait.
Tierney Lawlor was also a walkon. I believe she was one year ahead of Pulido.

I'm sure there've been others but I'll let our more knowledgeable UConn historians complete that thought.

Reaction Score
Tierney Lawlor was also a walkon. I believe she was one year ahead of Pulido.

I'm sure there've been others but I'll let our more knowledgeable UConn historians complete that thought.
Lawlor was a year behind. She was in the same class as Saniya Chong. Pulido was with the dynasty class.

Reaction Score
Stacey Marron was a walk-on, but then was converted to scholarship her senior year.
I thought I heard/read somewhere that that was a tradition Geno would do to all walk on players their final year of eligibility.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head this is my memory. And I feel like I'm missing somebody.

Pam Rothfuss
Jill Gelfenbien
Marci Czel
Stacey Marron
Jacquie Fernandes
Tierney Lawlor
Briana Pulido

Also many of these players were granted scholarships as they stuck with the program

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head this is my memory. And I feel like I'm missing somebody.

Pam Rothfuss
Jill Gelfenbien
Marci Czel
Stacey Marron
Jacquie Fernandes
Tierney Lawlor
Briana Pulido

Also many of these players were granted scholarships as they stuck with the program
The first walk-on that I remember is Colleen Healy back in 93- 94 time frame? Also the first walk on to be offered a scholarship. Started as a manager I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom