Walk-on tryouts set for Monday, August 28 at 3:30 p.m. at the Burton Family Football Complex. | The Boneyard

Walk-on tryouts set for Monday, August 28 at 3:30 p.m. at the Burton Family Football Complex.

Reaction Score
Do we have a Donald Thomas in the house ??? One can only hope...;)

Reaction Score
Kinda odd that they are doing this now, no? 3 days b4 the season officially starts? You'd think all the walk on candidates are currently practicing with the team now... Maybe a little attrition is coming from the current roster then?

Reaction Score
Kinda odd that they are doing this now, no? 3 days b4 the season officially starts? You'd think all the walk on candidates are currently practicing with the team now... Maybe a little attrition is coming from the current roster then?

Reading too much into it. They do it multiple times a year, February, May and towards end of August.

New students coming on campus... happens same time +/- a day every year.

Michigan and others doing the same this week.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm going. I have all four years of eligibility remaining. I think that should outweigh being old, slow, small, out of shape and adverse to contact.

You still have a redshirt available for the staff to get you in shape, the depth chart is pretty solid this year but with all these seniors graduating, 2018 is gonna be your year!

Reaction Score
You still have a redshirt available for the staff to get you in shape, the depth chart is pretty solid this year but with all these seniors graduating, 2018 is gonna be your year!
Thanks for clearing that up.. Just thought they'd want to get these kids in as early as possible, especially with a new coaching staff...

Reaction Score

Oh, I forgot to mention, I really don't want to workout and stuff.........so I don't see much of an advantage to a redshirt.

Reaction Score

Not really...they already have their preferred walk-ons. Now they're just looking for tackling dummies. It's a thankless job

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot to mention, I really don't want to workout and stuff....so I don't see much of an advantage to a redshirt.

... and you probably want to kick from the 30 yard line too ... right??? ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not really...they already have their preferred walk-ons. Now they're just looking for tackling dummies. It's a thankless job
Not always:
rudy-ftr-tri-starjpg_2h4nz2rlslkb196qwhbxb5d75.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom