Walk Like A Man Jump Like A Man | The Boneyard

Walk Like A Man Jump Like A Man

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is showing an almost supernatural jumping ability. We knew he could sky but he is significantly higher in the atmosphere than anyone else out there. Almost funny the visual it presents. Anyway he jumps like a man (and I jump like a 4 year old). 11 boards, whoa.

Reaction Score
The downside of his scoring ability outside the paint is worth weathering considering the upside of his rebounding, passing, and speed in transition. He’s a lot of fun to watch, he’s never missing on the court.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I shudder to think how many blocks AJax would have if he were playing perimeter zone at Cuse.

If he doesn't get any decent pro hoops offers after UConn, I'd love to see him at the NFL combine. If he could actually play CB, I can see him getting beat by two steps and still batting a pass away. I've already mentioned potential value on special teams and hail marys a couple weeks ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I shudder to think how many blocks AJax would have if he were playing perimeter zone at Cuse.

If he doesn't get any decent pro hoops offers after UConn, I'd love to see him at the NFL combine. If he could actually play CB, I can see him getting beat by two steps and still batting a pass away. I've already mentioned potential value on special teams and hail marys a couple weeks ago.

Not quick enough at CB, but he’d be interesting at free safety. I think he will get pro hoops offers, even if not the NBA.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I think Andre is really beginning to find his role, and the team is figuring out who needs to do what. I am much higher on Ajax then I was just a few weeks ago. His ability on the glass and on the defensive end offsets his limited offensive ability, which will improve. Last night he was slashing and getting to the rim and getting fouled...he needs to do more of that. As long as he doesn't shoot threes and doesn't commit turnovers, he will thrive and so will we.

And can we just imagine next weekend...UConn down 1 midway through the 2nd half...an Andre block at the rim...Cole grabs the ball and we break out...alley-oop dunk to Andre and the XL Center might fall down.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Andre and Akok displaying what the words elite athleticism means as we enter conference play and beyond. We want to be the epitome of that phrase as we continue the fabulous recruiting the staff has been doing. More high wire artists! Sometimes I just stare at some of of the things these guys do. I just read on this board that Akok still has two more years. So does Andre. OMG.

Reaction Score
If he can’t develop into a 3 point shooter, so be it. But he can’t be afraid of missing open 2s. Cole is being praised, as largely he should be, and he has games where he only hits a third of his shots. AJ has to be willing to be more aggressive getting his shot off, whether its wide open 3s, old fashioned 12 to 15 footers or challenged going to the hole.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If he can’t develop into a 3 point shooter, so be it. But he can’t be afraid of missing open 2s. Cole is being praised, as largely he should be, and he has games where he only hits a third of his shots. AJ has to be willing to be more aggressive getting his shot off, whether its wide open 3s, old fashioned 12 to 15 footers or challenged going to the hole.
Andre should never, ever be shooting 12-15 footers. He needs to get to the rim or shoot wide open 3's. That's it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Andre should never, ever be shooting 12-15 footers. He needs to get to the rim or shoot wide open 3's. That's it.
The last thing Kemba developed was the midrange shot. He was on a pro/am basketball tour with Rondo and came back saying he had a hole in his game. Not long before that hole was closed. Growth takes time for some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom