Wake Forest Espionage | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Espionage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Some programs will do anything to get national press.

WF is the most unqualified school in the P5.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Second most...a certain school in Boston gets that honor.

I find tiny Wake to be the most offensive member of the P5, one full notch above BC.

Its tiny, it the fourth P5 school in a single state (only CA and TX are in the 4+ club), it has virtually zero major athletic accomplishments and its private. UConn checks a thousand more boxes than WF will ever check and yet they are on the inside and we are on the outside.

Since BC doesn't share MA with three other schools, I give BC a solid lead over WF and that is not something I enjoy saying.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So, who was the mole who leaked Diaco's offensive and defensive plays to the opposition? Only logical answer to why we can't move the ball or stop anyone!!

Reaction Score
ACC can't just laugh off Wake Forest/Elrod leaks

Classic line:

>>Louisville spokesperson Rocco Gasparro told the Courier-Journal that Petrino “doesn't have a comment (on) what appears to be a Wake Forest issue.” Rocco, please: a Wake Forest issue? What?

When Petrino hired his mistress at Arkansas over more qualified candidates, then crashed his motorcycle with her on board and lied about it to his bosses, was that a Harley-Davidson issue?<<

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
A few things here with this story...

1. Wake Forest should be dropped by the ACC immediately and replaced by a certian public university in Connecticut.

2. So even with blatant cheating Wake Forest was still only 12-24 since 2014?!? Haha

3. Wake has only been to 10 bowl games- ever! (they started football in 1888) They have a 6-4 all-time bowl record. UConn has been to 6 bowls, winning 3 (since moving to FBS in 2003).

4. Wake only has 12 current players in the NFL... UConn has 17 currently in the league, and 6 Free Agents.

5. BB&T Field (WF's home stadium) holds a mere 31,500 at capacity. UConn's P&W Stadium at Rentschler Field holds over 40K...

6. They should fire Dave Clawson and hire Bob Diaco... (just for fun)

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the ACC reacts. It appears UL wasn't the only team getting inside scoop from this tool...so what does that mean for UL and the other schools?

Somehow the Patriots must be involved here... ;)
Somehow ShakyTheMohel must be involved here......

Reaction Score
Wake Forest joined the ACC in 1953(won 2 conference championships. 1970, 2006). It took UConn 50 more years before they joined the same level of football. I'm a huge UConn fan but they haven't proved squat yet even to the likes of Wake Forest. I think a lot of UConn football fans need to eat some humble pie before crowing about their "accomplishments" or demeaning other schools that "got it" as far as football goes decades, even generations before Connecticut did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1. Wake Forest should be dropped by the ACC immediately and replaced by a certian public university in Connecticut.

2. So even with blatant cheating Wake Forest was still only 12-24 since 2014?!? Haha

3. Wake has only been to 10 bowl games- ever! (they started football in 1888) They have a 6-4 all-time bowl record. UConn has been to 6 bowls, winning 3 (since moving to FBS in 2003).

4. Wake only has 12 current players in the NFL... UConn has 17 currently in the league, and 6 Free Agents.

5. BB&T Field (WF's home stadium) holds a mere 31,500 at capacity. UConn's P&W Stadium at Rentschler Field holds over 40K...

Diaco Holding Head.jpg

Reaction Score
Wake Forest joined the ACC in 1953(won 2 conference championships. 1970, 2006). It took UConn 50 more years before they joined the same level of football. I'm a huge UConn fan but they haven't proved squat yet even to the likes of Wake Forest. I think a lot of UConn football fans need to eat some humble pie before crowing about their "accomplishments" or demeaning other schools that "got it" as far as football goes decades, even generations before Connecticut did.
UConn won the Big East in 2007 and 2010. Both programs are 0-1 in BCS bowls. I understand your point, but WF isn't the program to hold over our heads.

Reaction Score
I find tiny Wake to be the most offensive member of the P5, one full notch above BC.

Its tiny, it the fourth P5 school in a single state (only CA and TX are in the 4+ club), it has virtually zero major athletic accomplishments and its private. UConn checks a thousand more boxes than WF will ever check and yet they are on the inside and we are on the outside.

Since BC doesn't share MA with three other schools, I give BC a solid lead over WF and that is not something I enjoy saying.
Yea in reality you are correct but My Anti-BCU Reality about everything is more fun.

Reaction Score
I hope this nimrod doesn't like football or coaching that much, because he's never going to be involved in either ever again.

Reaction Score
UConn won the Big East in 2007 and 2010. Both programs are 0-1 in BCS bowls. I understand your point, but WF isn't the program to hold over our heads.
I'm not holding Wake over anybody's head. Just making the point that maybe we should be a kinder, friendlier fan base until we actually have something to brag about or hold over anyone else's head.

Reaction Score

How did you read into this and think it was beneficial to Wake?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm not holding Wake over anybody's head. Just making the point that maybe we should be a kinder, friendlier fan base until we actually have something to brag about or hold over anyone else's head.
Ummmm people with instantly recognized avatars aren't allowed to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom