Waiting... and dithering | The Boneyard

Waiting... and dithering

Reaction Score
Waiting for the game. Seems like forever. I have ne errands, got groceries, made lunch, etc. Still a long time to go. And I just keep dithering on whether to go to the game or watch on TV.

I know I would love the atmosphere - had a great time at the Baylor game!
But... the driving worries me - coming back late at night down 32 over Franklin hill I worry about ice. Would I be able to enjoy the game with that on my mind?
But it is such an epic game and I have a ticket!
But... bleacher seats, a sore back (thanks shoveling) and that drive as opposed to a TV and adult beverage
But, but, but...

So what are you doing to kill time?

Reaction Score
STOP IT!!! Stop worrying about everything!!! Enjoy life as this is a GREAT opportunity to see an unforgetable scene, with 4 times the normal press coverage, plenty of alumi returning, enjoying the game and each other. Take it easy on the 32 highway going home. You will be more than just FINE!!!!:)

PS Playing some old tunes by Tom Paxton!!!

Reaction Score
Waiting for the game. Seems like forever. I have ne errands, got groceries, made lunch, etc. Still a long time to go. And I just keep dithering on whether to go to the game or watch on TV.

But.. the driving worries me - coming back late at night down 32 over Franklin hill I worry about ice. Would I be able to enjoy the game with that on my mind?
But.. bleacher seats, a sore back (thanks shoveling) and that drive as opposed to a TV and adult beverage
But, but, but..

I don't think the ice is going to be a problem. With all the treatments, stronger mid-Feb sun and wind, most roads are dry at this point.

Reaction Score
Go Go Go , i'm from Jersey , if i had a ticket i would go , well i'm a senior , have to take a nap first!!!!:)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
WARNING - there is a truck down on 84E near Exit 68, huge chemical spill and they are saying it won`t be cleaned up by rush hour. So, doubtful it will be cleaned up by UCONN rush hour.

So, if going 84E , suggest going 384 to 44.

Reaction Score
That's absolutely horrible!! 195 will be probably be even more brutal than usual. I come from the south so I take 32 up through Franklin and hitch up with 195 south. It is hard to go to UConn from Madison.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Went to the pool with the grandson, and Mom and Dad earlier today.

Going to hit some golf balls at the driving range with my son in a bit. Then I'll make some jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon to grill for appetizers.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

But.. the driving worries me - coming back late at night down 32 over Franklin hill I worry about ice. Would I be able to enjoy the game with that on my mind?
But.. bleacher seats, a sore back (thanks shoveling) and that drive as opposed to a TV and adult beverage
But, but, but..

Watch you dither. Actually living in NY allows me to indulge my hobbies. I'm arriving at the local Micro Center to audition choices for my newest laptop. It's down to an MSI or the newest Acer Predator. Gaming laptops of course. They're really the most powerful and ready to use for portable video editing or anything that's processor intensive, although they tend to look a little flashy. Plus Micro Center's are playland for computer geeks. Here I am. Got to go.

Reaction Score
Wait....you have a ticket to arguably the biggest WCB game in history and you might not go ? Lord help us.

OK...I grew up in Litchfield County and we used to drive around in big storms...for fun. My favorite was the Blizzard of '78. Lived in Vermont for 32 years and did the same thing plus had to drive up to Bromley to sell tickets every weekend for 20 years-no matter the weather. And did multiple 260 mile round-trips from VT to CT to watch 32 minute high school games ! And never in an all-wheel drive. Never, ever got stuck.

Here's the formula: "Triple, Half, Water". Triple the distance between yourself and other vehicles. Cut you speed in half. Pretend your have a glass of water on the dash and drive so it doesn't spill.

Still nervous ? Keep telling yourself "Yes UConn" while listening to Husky stuff on 1080.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

But, but, but..

Feel for you. That's why I'm not going: a very, very long drive afterwards that would wipe me out for work tomorrow and probably the rest of the week. But we're all living vicariously through you, so take joy in the game and in that as well!

What am I doing in preparation? I've worked hard last couple of days to clear the deck, so to speak, and starting to drink wine with dinner and going right through, so will feel either great joy or at least no pain.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm going! Still wish they ran a bus or carpool.
I should be ashamed - I lived in upstate NY and central PA for a while where people drove in anything and a 2 hr drive was "not far".

wally16

Wally16
Reaction Score
Go Go Go , i'm from Jersey , if i had a ticket i would go , well i'm a senior , have to take a nap first!!!!:)
I, too, am from Jersey. There's nothing wrong about taking a nap!!! Can't wait though.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
GO !! Get started early. If you are still capable of doing something--do it. The time will come soon enough when you will not be able to do things; that's when you will say: "I wish I did."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom