Wait, there's more: Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland | The Boneyard

Wait, there's more: Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
the amount of coverage this game got proves how bad UConn is for women's basketball....
Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland

Lou struggled in the first half, but managed to find her shot in the second, at one point scoring eight consecutive points. It was one of the more badass things I’ve ever seen. Most of us would be totally laid out by a stomach bug, but Lou wasn’t going to spend the game worshiping the porcelain goddess. She puked and rallied in a display of toughness rarely seen. The level of commitment, and just sheer force of will is impressive in a way that words can’t do justice. Or at least not my words. We don’t quote poetry around these here parts much, but the words of Rudyard Kipling seem pretty apt today.

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

Reaction Score
the amount of coverage this game got proves how bad UConn is for women's basketball....
Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland

Lou struggled in the first half, but managed to find her shot in the second, at one point scoring eight consecutive points. It was one of the more badass things I’ve ever seen. Most of us would be totally laid out by a stomach bug, but Lou wasn’t going to spend the game worshiping the porcelain goddess. She puked and rallied in a display of toughness rarely seen. The level of commitment, and just sheer force of will is impressive in a way that words can’t do justice. Or at least not my words. We don’t quote poetry around these here parts much, but the words of Rudyard Kipling seem pretty apt today.

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’
Great article - something for everybody!

Examples:

For Kib: [Regarding Lou's 'stomach bug' performance] "It was one the more badass things I've ever seen."

For RSHRERMVIKES: "...with UConn's front court in foul trouble (thanks garbage women's basketball refs)..."

Etc...

Reaction Score
and gauntlet, cause old dude would say gantlet...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
And the adventure continues:
IMG_1484.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics