Wait and See approach | The Boneyard

Wait and See approach

Reaction Score
I am not happy about all the transfers or that our best recruit has bailed. But so much can happen between now and the beginning of the season. I can only imagine that Ollie and staff are probably working tirelessly to bring in players willing to play. A couple years ago we got Drummond in August. It is currently March 31st. Under Ollie, we have not had any amazing recruiting classes, but we have had a generally good roster considering post-season bans and recruiting restrictions. This year we had some bad luck. But instead of freaking out...lets wait and see what happens. If come November we still have 3 - 4 scholarships open or we pick up just 2 low level recruits, well, I think we could deservedly have the right to criticize this off season...but just wait and see.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying, but one of the best things about following college basketball is watching a group of kids improve together year after year, like what UNC and Villanova have done this decade, and like what we did for 2014.

The fact that's disappeared is awful. I've been an Ollie apologist for a long time, and I certainly think this can be turned around over the next 18 months. But it's damn hard to feel anything positive about this team/program right now, and even harder to project out a couple years with any sort of positivity.

Reaction Score
yeah...for sure...it is a bummer to lose players that you begin to get used to. As much as I couldnt stand seeing Enoch play defense....he was still a husky and I rooted for his growth and development, and is sad to see guys go. I am just trying not to get too much of a knee jerk reaction to the recent movement in the roster.

Reaction Score
I am not happy about all the transfers or that our best recruit has bailed. But so much can happen between now and the beginning of the season. I can only imagine that Ollie and staff are probably working tirelessly to bring in players willing to play. A couple years ago we got Drummond in August. It is currently March 31st. Under Ollie, we have not had any amazing recruiting classes, but we have had a generally good roster considering post-season bans and recruiting restrictions. This year we had some bad luck. But instead of freaking out...lets wait and see what happens. If come November we still have 3 - 4 scholarships open or we pick up just 2 low level recruits, well, I think we could deservedly have the right to criticize this off season...but just wait and see.

There are no good uncommitteds left except for the kids that just asked for their releases.

Reaction Score
Wait and see how many players we actually end up having? I'm using humor to deflect from more serious concerns.

Reaction Score
There needs to be some explanation given to the fanbase as to what's going on. We just came off our worst season in 30 years and hopes were high about turning it around next season and now as it stands we can't even field a team. I hope to hell they have some sort of plan but this is all a horrible look.

Reaction Score
There needs to be some explanation given to the fanbase as to what's going on. We just came off our worst season in 30 years and hopes were high about turning it around next season and now as it stands we can't even field a team. I hope to hell they have some sort of plan but this is all a horrible look.

If there is a plan and things lined up, it's probably just best to let the good news trickle down. I think we should be more worried if we get a statement.

Reaction Score
Daejon Davis, bamba, Jordan Tucker just to name a few

Daejon Davis just got his release.

Bamba??? Seriously?

Jordan Tucker has academic issues, which is why his recruitment has been strung out and held up.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
The Enoch , Johnson transfers and the Langford decommit are a direct result of hiring Chillious. Chillious has kids that he was recruiting for UW and those kids like him as a coach and most likely, some will follow him to Uconn. The kids that left have teams of people that advise them and saw the writing on wall and probably heard Chillious was coming before it was announced. That's it. The end. All these emotional threads , whimpering about these unaccomplished kids Is disgusting. We're still Uconn . If you think about it , If we didn't have the three injuries, Vance Johnson and Enoch would've gotten the time they got and Johnsons dad would've pulled him out during the season anyway. We'll be fine. Let it play out.

Reaction Score
Daejon Davis just got his release.

Bamba??? Seriously?

Jordan Tucker has academic issues, which is why his recruitment has been strung out and held up.

Well you said there are no good uncommitted players left. That's false. And who cares if a good player is only available because he was a decommit. You wouldn't have wanted Michael Porter? dude

Reaction Score
you said there were none, I named one. I didn't say we actually had a chance at him though/ :(

OK, then I guess UConn still has a chance to bring in a boatload of studs.

Reaction Score
Well you said there are no good uncommitted players left. That's false. And who cares if a good player is only available because he was a decommit. You wouldn't have wanted Michael Porter? dude

Holy cow. Just stop. I didn't say he wasn't a good player if he's a decommit. The problem with decommits is that they've already been through the recruiting process and already have established relationships. For instance, the Washington kids have a relationship with Chillious, which is why UConn is talking to at least one. Same goes for all the others.

There is no point in hoping for Bamba at all since UConn isn't getting him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The Enoch , Johnson transfers and the Langford decommit are a direct result of hiring Chillious. Chillious has kids that he was recruiting for UW and those kids like him as a coach and most likely, some will follow him to Uconn. The kids that left have teams of people that advise them and saw the writing on wall and probably heard Chillious was coming before it was announced. That's it. The end. All these emotional threads , whimpering about these unaccomplished kids Is disgusting. We're still Uconn . If you think about it , If we didn't have the three injuries, Vance Johnson and Enoch would've gotten the time they got and Johnsons dad would've pulled him out during the season anyway. We'll be fine. Let it play out.
I wish this was the case, but it's not.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Time to prove that we can scout. Lot of open schollies to fill and they aren't all going to be well known commodities. But I think KO knows that he needs to win this year.

I'm eager to see who we add but I'm going to wait and not destroy Ollie over losing a few players, even if they showed promise.

Reaction Score
Not referring to anyone in this thread but someone on cue every week brings up Bamba one way or another like he is a melon at the supermarket that we are one squeeze away from putting in our cart. He has not given us a sniff in forever. I am far from having my finger on the pulse of recruiting and I even can deduce that it is a pipedream. Chillious is a good recruiter. He is not a wizard. A week ago we may have had the luxury of thumbing our nose on someone based of a youtube video. As it stands now, we should be open to anyone the new guy suggests because the pickins are slim and the incumbents have not been that impressive to date.

Reaction Score
I am not happy about all the transfers or that our best recruit has bailed. But so much can happen between now and the beginning of the season.

Yes, imagine how many more players can leave.

Reaction Score
Bunch of good Juco's and grad transfers out there for us to grab along with some solid frosh. Gonzaga is in the final4 with four new players playing major minutes.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Here is what I am waiting for. Chillious just got here. Let's give him a chance to recruit. If he was able to entice kids to go to the State of Washingtion Huskies I think he can get them to come to the State of Connecticut Huskies. That said, based on what some of his former recruits have said he is all in on helping them develop. Maybe that has something to do with why they are attracted to him. How many other recruiters
are comparable to him in the country? This means I am going to have to be PATIENT a bit and let him do his thing. I think rather than doom and gloom we are finally going to get somewhere with bringing in very good or even exceptional talent than will make coaching a lot easier. I have a choice of how I think about all this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom