Wagner was bettter in every way. O. D. FT. Coaching. Poise. | The Boneyard

Wagner was bettter in every way. O. D. FT. Coaching. Poise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We were almost never in it. They beat us with their best player hurt in the locker room. We had much more talent. They play much better basketball. They shot better. Their offense concept was better. Their defensive play was better an executed better. Thy rebounded better, much, much better than the Huskies.

Congrats.

Reaction Score
Their confidence kept growing and growing. They also took the crowd out of the game. Their Center challenged Brimah and won.

They had something to prove tonight and we got punked AT HOME!

Reaction Score
I was only able to see the first half, but our half-court offense continues to be such hideous. We are just awful to watch in the halfcourt. I know KO wants to let the guys improvise, but it is not effective. Dribble handoffs and then contested jumpers is not a useful set.

Reaction Score
I was only able to see the first half, but our half-court offense continues to be such hideous. We are just awful to watch in the halfcourt. I know KO wants to let the guys improvise, but it is not effective. Dribble handoffs and then contested jumpers is not a useful set.
Shonn Miller spoiled us. We did not adequately replace him or prepared for his departure. We covered DHam but not Shonn.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
We were almost never in it. They beat us with their best player hurt in the locker room. We had much more talent. They play much better basketball. They shot better. Their offense concept was better. Their defensive play was better an executed better. Thy rebounded better, much, much better than the Huskies.

Congrats.

Spot on summary of the game. Wagner looked like the 18th best team in the country tonight, not Uconn, and they absolutely deserved to win.

Reaction Score
On the first two Wagner shots of the game, they got offensive rebounds. Tells you everything you need to know.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller spoiled us. We did not adequately replace him or prepared for his departure. We covered DHam but not Shonn.
Yes, and we knew at season end last year. In fact ESPN had an article that emphasized that. The only thing I can tell you is that maybe these guys don't exist but.... Wagner had this top nobody guy Aanan, a 6'8" 260 pound guy who can't jump, but gets 15 points and 9 boards.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
On the first two Wagner shots of the game, they got offensive rebounds. Tells you everything you need to know.
with nobody in their face
I agree - UConn was outplayed in every aspect of the game and the inability to defend the perimeter limited the fast break/running game which took away the tempo UConn wanted and needed to play. There was nothing that KO could have done with that
Wagner is not a cupcake - in any way - BUT there is no way that big white guy should have gotten his way inside all game - the bigs - AG KF and SE SUCKED
I know a lot of BYers despise RP but I really think this was his stinker game
JA is an enigma to me - he came is with such hope but in my mind AG will be the straw that stirs this drink
This is a young team and these 5 are not the Fab 5 but they will be good - in time
A HORRIBLE LOSS - not the way you want to play knowing you are heading to Hawaii in 10 days

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes, and we knew at season end last year. In fact ESPN had an article that emphasized that. The only thing I can tell you is that maybe these guys don't exist but.... Wagner had this top nobody guy Aanan, a 6'8" 260 pound guy who can't jump, but gets 15 points and 9 boards.
And UConn has this heralded shot blocker who can't catch a ball, rebound and create any offensive shot - but he's NBA material - yeah right

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The disastrous start of the second half was key. That and the fact that every time we crept close they hit a 3.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
with nobody in their face
I agree - UConn was outplayed in every aspect of the game and the inability to defend the perimeter limited the fast break/running game which took away the tempo UConn wanted and needed to play. There was nothing that KO could have done with that
Wagner is not a cupcake - in any way - BUT there is no way that big white guy should have gotten his way inside all game - the bigs - AG KF and SE SUCKED
I know a lot of BYers despise RP but I really think this was his stinker game
JA is an enigma to me - he came is with such hope but in my mind AG will be the straw that stirs this drink
This is a young team and these 5 are not the Fab 5 but they will be good - in time
A HORRIBLE LOSS - not the way you want to play knowing you are heading to Hawaii in 10 days

Brimah and Enoch sucked. Facey for all intents and purposes wasn't present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom