Wagner signals our athletic rebirth. | The Boneyard

Wagner signals our athletic rebirth.

Reaction Score
In many ways it was Wagner that symbolized our descent in athletic hell. The football team had been mired in mediocrity. But the basketball team was still tip toeing the line between being great and becoming a losing program.

Wagner slammed us into daze that early November evening. And to this day, the athletic department has not recovered. For the past two plus years we have staggered our way though football and basketball seasons. New lows gave way to newer lows. We were a pathetic shadow of our former selves. There have been changes but not results.

Once again Wagner is on the horizon. You cannot avoid history, you have to face it. August 29th offers a chance to spit the taste out of mouth. To symbolically achieve redemption. Nothing less than a complete annihilation will do. It is the first step of our rebirth. Out of the ashes we need to beging the process of reclaiming the mantle of our greatness. I'll be there.

Reaction Score
I know it's still 4 months out but we'll know how the season will go by halftime of the Wagner game. If the defense allows Wagner to score on most of their possessions like URI last year we're in for more of the same. If not then perhaps there is room for optimism.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wagner just happened to be the team at that time
It could have been anyone else
It's much deeper than Wagner, Red Pants and KO
The fall of the OBE, the NCAA and the subsequent lousy administrative decisions did more harm than anything else.
I fully understand where Palatine is going with this
A good start would be to demolish Wagner

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This seems like the thread we should be having a week before kick off.
I just have a vague sense of dread toward the season. I'll work myself up to unreasonable expectations over the summer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dread? Dread is the feeling I may have buckets of come November. For now, its foolish optimism! Soak it up, enjoy this happy time.
Too soon. I have to pace myself in my old age.

Reaction Score
One has to hope Pal has not fed the KO law team their 10 mil ticket! ;)
"Your honor it was not our client that with strange behavior, alienation of his former mentor, team and coaching staff created a situation of non compliance!" "It was not his fault three top players left the program
along with a top recruit turning away."
"We have factual evidence that is proof from a most reliable source!"
"Counsel, what is your evidence and what is your source?"
" Your honor it is no less than right from the horses mouth on The Boneyard this entire mess was the fault of Wagner!" "We rest our case now that the truth has been found!!" ...........

C

Chief00

Dread? Dread is the feeling I may have buckets of come November. For now, its foolish optimism! Soak it up, enjoy this happy time.
I think our defense will be dramatically improved. Offense, if someone steps up as QB and wideout receiver - then we might be interesting. The focus will be on the run game. Our recruiting needs to improve. I like the activity lately but we need to close the deal. While FL and TX has a lot of players - lots of schools recruit there - so they get tons of offers - and coaches like to recruit there due to the weather. I wish we focused more in PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA and DMV.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think our defense will be dramatically improved. Offense, if someone steps up as QB and wideout receiver - then we might be interesting. The focus will be on the run game. Our recruiting needs to improve. I like the activity lately but we need to close the deal. While FL and TX has a lot of players - lots of schools recruit there - so they get tons of offers - and coaches like to recruit there due to the weather. I wish we focused more in PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA and DMV.
I think it will be hard to close any deals until the season starts...unfortunately. Randy will get a few recruits from camp and then I think it will be a long quiet summer. I think everyone wants to see if Randy ball will have results this year.

This spring has to be about transfers. Randy says we have four slots, but we might have as many as 6 thanks to the recent departures. We cannot go into another season not utilizing our full 85 slots. You can’t maximize your chances playing a few cards short.

Reaction Score
It would be good to nail down the local kids...Penn State has a QB Safety, RB and CB from Conn...

Boston College has five kids from Conn.

Reaction Score
I just have a vague sense of dread toward the season. I'll work myself up to unreasonable expectations over the summer.

I'm always all in on unreasonable expectations.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It would be good to nail down the local kids...Penn State has a QB Safety, RB and CB from Conn...

Boston College has five kids from Conn.

If I could pick three in state guys its Glastonbury's Tyler Van Dyck, then Danbury's Jah Joyner and then West Hartford's Justin Barron. Those are 2020 dudes that could really lift the program. Van Dyck screams Dan Orlovsky part Duex. Screams it. Kid could be a savior to a program. Nothing changes the fate of a program faster than a + level QB.

Reaction Score
Tyler Van Dyke is down to six...

Van Dyke says he’s down to a lucky six: Miami, Syracuse, Purdue, Cal, BC and Georgia Tech.

The Canes are putting on a recruiting press....his pro style fits their offense well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom