Wade Watch List For 2017 WadeTrophy - Kia Only Husky | The Boneyard

Wade Watch List For 2017 WadeTrophy - Kia Only Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The “Wade Watch” list of candidates for The Wade Trophy is composed of 25 players selected by the WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches’ All-America Selection Committee. The committee will review the list in January to determine if additional players will be added based on their play during the first half of the 2016-17 season.

Kia is also the only AAC player on the list.

Full list [HERE]

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just read the committee's list. Well, nobody's perfect. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No offense meant to Kia, but based on last year's games I expected Napheesa to be our best player this year - really surprised she's not on there.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Notice that zero freshmen and only one sophomore are on the list.

While game statistics count, the other factors are effect on the team, leadership, character, and overall playing ability. In this sense, the award is heavily skewed to upperclassmen, who have a few years to demonstrate these things. Incidentally, only one sophomore has ever won the award - Maya Moore.

As an aside and no disrespect to Collier or Samuelson, neither was a team leader last year. And as the PG, Nurse was a leader and was expected to be *the* leader of UConn this year.

The list will be revised in January, and I expect both Collier and Samuelson to be on it.

Reaction Score
I would expect KLS & Napheesa to get added and Nurse dropped in the next iteration.
Agree, If UConn runs the December gauntlet undefeated or even 1 loss that means most likely KLS and Napheesa played big. Also, you can argue KLS has been handling as much or more leadership thus far as Kia.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I like Lou and Pheesa enormously, but I feel Gabby is vastly under-appreciated, and wouldn't be surprised if she is the first on the current team to be an AA. We'll see as the season develops.

Sad to see she isn't even mentioned in many BY discussions in which Lou and Pheesa are touted.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wondered if the pre-season AAC POY award put pressure on Kia. This announcement didn't adversely affect her tonight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom