Thx

Reaction Score
My perspective (biased): ROY-B.Sykes
POY-Sylvia Fowles
1st team--I can't call it. Too many good players IMO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Allisha Gray was the leader for ROY. Sykes may catch her. They are averaging 12.4 and 12.2 ppg, respectively. Plum is next at 7.6. It looks like a 2-horse race.

POY/MVP seems to be Sylvia at this point. She is 2nd in scoring, rebounding, FG percentage, and blocks (tied). She is leading Minnesota to a record pace of 20-2. Griner was close, but has been out, and her team trailed Minnesota when she was playing. Tina will get consideration, as usual. Nneka is playing well, but not at last year's insanely efficient level. Maya's stats are down, but she'll get some consideration. Candace and Diana will get a little consideration.

First team is tough. I think it is based on position. I'm not sure who the guards would be, but Sylvia, Tina, and Stewie will get strong consideration, with Nneka close behind. Jonquel will get some votes. Griner and EDD may be hurt in voting by missing games due to injury. The leading scorers among guards are Diana and Skylar, followed by Jewell, Quigley, and Tiffany. The assist leaders are Sloot (who missed some games), Clarendon, Sue, and Skylar. Jas Thomas will get consideration. Note that Skylar is among the leaders in 2 categories. If Dallas finishes strong, she may get the nod.

Though the voting is different, looking at the All-Star selections gives an indication of what the end-of-season choices will be.

Reaction Score
Wow I had no idea that Fowles was having such a great year. Given her age I had figured her past prime and iffy for 2020.

Thanks for the info!

Reaction Score
So who among the 2016 olympians is not doing well? (If any)

Catching is retired.
Sounds like Fowles, Maya, Stewie, Tina, DT, Griner, EDD are all doing well other than some injuries.

Thought I heard Bird was doing pretty well too.

That leaves Augustus, Whalen, and Mccoughtry.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Catching is retired.
Sounds like Fowles, Maya, Stewie, Tina, DT, Griner, EDD are all doing well other than some injuries.

Sur is having a great season. Lindsey hurt and out. Angel took the season off. Augustus still among the best at her position.

Sortable stats:
League Leaders - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Catching is retired.

EDD, Griner, Whalen, and Augustus are all currently injured.

Sue was leading the league in assists and is now 3rd. She shot like crap the past 2 games, but is having a pretty good year. She was an All-Star starter.

In terms of Sylvia, she has upped her intensity. Playing with Maya may be rubbing off. Plus, Syl is now the first option on offense.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget how well Tina is doing, fourth in points and third in rebounds. Only Sylvia is really playing better on both sides of the ball. I'll never understand why she always seems to get lost in the shuffle.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
EDD, Griner, Whalen, and Augustus are all currently injured.

Sue was leading the league in assists and is now 3rd. She shot like crap the past 2 games, but is having a pretty good year. She was an All-Star starter.

In terms of Sylvia, she has upped her intensity. Playing with Maya may be rubbing off. Plus, Syl is now the first option on offense.

Augustus was playing tonight... airballed a potential game winner.

Reaction Score
I think Simone Augustus missed the games because of a health problem with her sugnificent other! I think I read that somewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom