VT Observations | The Boneyard

VT Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, it was workmanlike, kinda boring at times, but they did what needed doing.

Best player tonight? Tie between Tyler O. and RJ Evans. Tyler had a good all around game, good rebounding, good "point forward" passing, some good help defense. (He could have shot better).

RJ made several big plays where we seemed to have no energy and he bust through and gets us some nice easy baskets. Solid game, important bench contribution.

Boat had some good moments, but did not shoot well. Awesome behind the back left-handed pass on the break. Nice to see him back after the ankle and he seemed to move pretty well.

Bazz: strange game, not too involved in first half, trying to make some passes but 0 points. Scored 13 in second half.....but why all the off balance shots? He's our best player right now in my mind.

Deandre: He looked good when aggressive to start the game. KO seemed to be running plays for him to get going, then he seemed to kind of fade.

Omar: Hit a couple, then put up the wtf shot from way deep. He played more aggressively, tried to get it to the hole, but got blocked or stripped a lot. I would like to see more plays for him to get him open running off screens. We need a third scorer and he is the likely candidate.

Wolf: wondered if he was at the game. Made a brief appearance in the second half, 2 fouls in 1 minute = prolific! Hope he gets more time.

Giffey: Had one nice controlled tip-in, otherwise trying to be the glue-guy, but not looking to make plays. I'd like to see him try to drive the ball, make something happen. Time to step-up is now if he has it in him to try to be more than a complement.

Nolan: Moves very well, very quick for size, got first points. He and Deandre were in together at one point and looked like the Toothpick Twins.

Leon: Got some minutes, not ready to be a factor. Look forward to his hitting his first 3, maybe he will catch fire.

Kevin Ollie: Good post game interview.

Reaction Score
giffey had a nice post up and hook shot, looked very natural in doing so. like you i'm waiting for him to be aggressive. he's doing all of the glue guy things well but i still think he can be more of a factor on offense. still waiting for him to bust out the sequel to the maui kentucky game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom