Voting Rights | The Boneyard

Voting Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cuse, ND and Pitt don't have any voting rights for the expansion. I assume they let all three give their opinions and hopefully they act as a tie breaker. Just my gut opinion is the ACC offers both of you (UL + UConn as a compromise). Hopefully ESPN and Notre Dame does the right thing and cooperates.

Reaction Score
Louisville is an academic wasteland and its football is average. When the ACC took FSU FSU was a perennial top 5 team and it opened a recruiting base in a top 3 state. Louisville and KY offers none of this.

Who knows though, anything is possible

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Normally, I would say its a bottom line who brings in the most money decision.

However, isn't the contract already negotiated?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The University of Pittsburgh might not have a vote but the Pitt blogs think they do. And literally the blogs have the vote not the school.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cuse, ND and Pitt don't have any voting rights for the expansion. I assume they let all three give their opinions and hopefully they act as a tie breaker. Just my gut opinion is the ACC offers both of you (UL + UConn as a compromise). Hopefully ESPN and Notre Dame does the right thing and cooperates.
What's doing the right thing, letting Louisville CC in? Because that's what most Cuse fans, who can usually be counted on as academic snobs, seem to be touting. You guys that afraid of the local competition?

Reaction Score
Louisville is an academic wasteland and its football is average. When the ACC took FSU FSU was a perennial top 5 team and it opened a recruiting base in a top 3 state. Louisville and KY offers none of this.

Who knows though, anything is possible
To expand on what Louisville has done in 2012, yes 9-1 is very impressive and their fans should be elated with that. But they have won only two games this year against teams with winning records....both at home and both by a combined 8 points.

In 2011 they lost to Florida International and Marshall at home within a 3-week span.

This isn't some budding national behemoth that will own the world in a couple of years. They are better than us at this moment, yes. But I wouldn't be shocked if we're better than them in two years honestly. Our next class is already ranked ahead of them, as others have mentioned. And who knows how long Strong will be there.

Just thought a dose of reality was in order for when Swofford starts reading this thread:)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To expand on what Louisville has done in 2012, yes 9-1 is very impressive and their fans should be elated with that. But they have won only two games this year against teams with winning records....both at home and both by a combined 8 points.

In 2011 they lost to Florida International and Marshall at home within a 3-week span.

This isn't some budding national behemoth that will own the world in a couple of years. They are better than us at this moment, yes. But I wouldn't be shocked if we're better than them in two years honestly. Our next class is already ranked ahead of them, as others have mentioned. And who knows how long Strong will be there.

Just thought a dose of reality was in order for when Swofford starts reading this thread:)

Last i heard from mhver3, swofford was on page 43 of the acc thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom