Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SN, NG, RS, TO, AD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree that knowing what the most effective lineup against a zone will be without any real knowledge of the new players effectiveness is impossible. I also believe that the previous posters have failed to deal with with the fact that there isn't one Platonic zone which all teams use as a reference point; different zones mean that different mixes of players might be a better option than one lineup suits all zones. 'Cuse and Louisville both are primarily zone teams, but outside of a name there is little comparable in either defensive schemes or the type of player they recruit to fill defensive roles.

In re the open foul line against many zones; there has been a reluctance to point out that, dare I state this, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel had considerable success in this foul line option role last year.

aka zymurg

Yeah, after a bunch of failures, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel stabilized that zone busting foul line role. Last season is beginning to become a blur to me. I think Olander helped fill the void at times as well.

You know who might be the long term answer? AD. He has very good hands, can put the ball on the floor and is a very good passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom