Vital's Shot Before Halftime | The Boneyard

Vital's Shot Before Halftime

Reaction Score
Anyone else think that Vital's 3 pointer at the buzzer was huge?
WS was on a mini run and just cut the lead to 12. If UConn came out didn't score and WS hit a 3 it would have been down to single digits and some of the old thought and doubts might have started to creep in. I know it was only the end of the first half, but it felt like a back breaker for WS.

Reaction Score
It’s the Boneyard Consensus Play of the Game!

9877AF04-A256-44B8-AB0C-605E89BB9874.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, it was brought up inside of Chief's Briefs yesterday.

1548644853255.png

Reaction Score
It was just refreshing to see the team as a whole not just pack it in and go into the half. An Ollie run team wouldn’t have even tried to inbound the ball letalone pass it up court to get that off. It’s these little things that get me excited about what Hurley is doing to the culture of the program

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It was just refreshing to see the team as a whole not just pack it in and go into the half. An Ollie run team wouldn’t have even tried to inbound the ball letalone pass it up court to get that off. It’s these little things that get me excited about what Hurley is doing to the culture of the program
Because they were usually behind at end of half
If UConn Saturday was down they wouldn't have tried it - why chance giving ball away? - when your ahead, especially by an appreciable amount - why not
Just basic bball
Nice try

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If UConn Saturday was down they wouldn't have tried it - why chance giving ball away? - when your ahead, especially by an appreciable amount - why not
Just basic bball
Nice try

This was the problem last few years. They got out of the gate so goshdarn slowly. We were the kings of building 20 point deficits, then scrambling all the way back, only to fade at the end.

Reaction Score
This was the problem last few years. They got out of the gate so goshdarn slowly. We were the kings of building 20 point deficits, then scrambling all the way back, only to fade at the end.
Yeah we've done a good job of starting hot and it looks like recently we've made 2nd half adjustments that keep us in the game. There was a stretch of a few games where we were getting killed after the break, but lately that seems to have been mitigated. Hopefully we keep that up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah we've done a good job of starting hot and it looks like recently we've made 2nd half adjustments that keep us in the game. There was a stretch of a few games where we were getting killed after the break, but lately that seems to have been mitigated. Hopefully we keep that up.

A bit of that is simply 'focus'. Not just technical adjustments. Concentrating on putting teams away.

Reaction Score
A bit of that is simply 'focus'. Not just technical adjustments. Concentrating on putting teams away.
I don't disagree. It's also no coincidence that Jalen has a lot to do with it. As long as he's playing well, we're ok.

Reaction Score
Just basic bball
Nice try

Huh? Why chance giving the ball away? This isn’t football trying to run a play from their own 1 with 5 seconds left. By your thought you could flip it and say Witchita had just scored 4 in a row, why risk letting them get it to single digits before the half. It’s not a matter of if you’re down or not, it’s a matter of being more aggressive, which clearly they are this year, and these are the same guys that weren’t diving for loose balls and making the play at the half like this the past couple years. If you don’t think that’s a creature of new coaching and culture, then you don’t know basic basketball. Nice try.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom