Vitale | The Boneyard

Vitale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville just wrapped up a big home win over Duke and as the game was closing out Vitale says I feel badly for these kids and Louisville should have no penalty for any infractions they may have committed, they should just write a check. He's always been a shill but he really comes across as a scumbag with statements like this.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Louisville just wrapped up a big home win over Duke and as the game was closing out Vitale says I feel badly for these kids and Louisville should have no penalty for any infractions they may have committed, they should just write a check. He's always been a shill but he really comes across as a scumbag with statements like this.
In some sense I agree with him. The coaches and universities are the ones that should be punished. I wouldn't be opposed to returning to the TV ban for home games for major violations and instead of forfeiting NCAA accomplishments and wins, they should have to forfeit all their NCAA units received. By doing this you are not only punishing the schools but also placing pressure on the conferences since these punishments would also hurt the entire conference.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't feel it's as bad a sentiment as you think. He's basically just thinking of the kids. Say what you want about Vitale, but he's always been about the kids.

Now his solution is bubkis, but that's Dickie V.

Reaction Score
In some sense I agree with him. The coaches and universities are the ones that should be punished. I wouldn't be opposed to returning to the TV ban for home games for major violations and instead of forfeiting NCAA accomplishments and wins, they should have to forfeit all their NCAA units received. By doing this you are not only punishing the schools but also placing pressure on the conferences since these punishments would also hurt the entire conference.
The way you do this is by banning Louisville in 2017 or 18 so recruits have time to revisit their decision instead of screwing kids like Lee or Lewis who get blindsided. UoL self-imposed a ban so they can have a season full of wins this year with a good roster, and then lose no recruits over the ban. The only people benefitting from self imposed bans are the coaches who violated the rules. It's pathetic.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If players on your team committed violations and deemed ineligible , I believe it's acceptable to forfeit all games they were/are involved in. But I don't think you should punish whole teams of kids who have not had any specific proven violations.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The way you do this is by banning Louisville in 2017 or 18 so recruits have time to revisit their decision instead of screwing kids like Lee or Lewis who get blindsided. Pitino self-imposed a ban so he can have a season full of wins this year with a good roster, and then lose no recruits over the ban. The only people benefitting from self imposed bans are the coaches who violated the rules. It's pathetic.

It was the AD, not Pitino. It was all about doing what was best for the school, not Pitino, not the kids.

I obv don't agree with it, but that's what it is.

Reaction Score
The SOB never stuck up for us and he's shilling for Cuse and Louisville every chance he gets. We jaywalk and the guy could care less about the kids being punished, one of his chosen schools could rape and pillage and the guy is crying crocodile tears for the kids. You would think he is on Pitino's payroll.

Reaction Score
The way you do this is by banning Louisville in 2017 or 18 so recruits have time to revisit their decision instead of screwing kids like Lee or Lewis who get blindsided. UoL self-imposed a ban so they can have a season full of wins this year with a good roster, and then lose no recruits over the ban. The only people benefitting from self imposed bans are the coaches who violated the rules. It's pathetic.
Agreed and Vitale thinks Louisville should just write a check and all is forgiven, what a duck*ed up way of looking at things.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I agree with that. You also should not be allowed to decided to self impose a postseason ban during the season. That is the definition of screwing over the kids.

Reaction Score
The SOB never stuck up for us and he's shilling for Cuse and Louisville every chance he gets. We jaywalk and the guy could care less about the kids being punished, one of his chosen schools could rape and pillage and the guy is crying crocodile tears for the kids. You would think he is on Pitino's payroll.
Yup. Compare what they plus North Carolina did to our violation. We were on national nightly news more than once. Calhoun was a pariah.

Reaction Score
Players getting hit for the actions of others. Sucks and is not fair. A cuse fan I work with has a great idea. Have the kids sign a contract coming to school with a list of violations. If they are found guilty of breaking these violations then these kids are sued by the ncaa for tuition

Reaction Score
Yup. Compare what they plus North Carolina did to our violation. We were on national nightly news more than once. Calhoun was a pariah.

We actually didn't commit any violation. They retroactively changed the rules to punish our innocent players. That's why Napier's "this is what happens when you ban us" right in front of that coward Emmert is the best speech ever.

Reaction Score
no one cried for us the year we were tourny banned. Which, had noting to do with the team that season. " Hungry Huskies!"

Reaction Score
Players getting hit for the actions of others. Sucks and is not fair. A cuse fan I work with has a great idea. Have the kids sign a contract coming to school with a list of violations. If they are found guilty of breaking these violations then these kids are sued by the ncaa for tuition

Most of the time it's the schools and coaches that heavily influence these kids. Once again, we'd be punishing students for things that we should be punishing higher ups for.

I like the tv ban idea, and I'd also suggest that coaches owe a year of salary and schools get fined. Make it about money for the schools, and watch them change.

Reaction Score
First, don't allow self imposed penalties for current season. Then, allow these kids to transfer without penalty. In Syracuse and louisvilles cases, the ncaa didn't punish the kids, the school did. If the school doesn't care, why should I?

Reaction Score
I agree with Vital about not punishing Kids like Lee who didn't deserve this. And it allows Louisville to potentially avoid harsher consequences. The thing we don't know which could be the case here is that there may be players on this years squad who received sexual/impermissable benefits. I would bet that there is. Especially considering the recruit Blakeney, who committed to Louisville after he got some favors, but ended up going to LSU. If thats the case then this year might get wiped out anyway and the admin did the smart thing.

Reaction Score
Dick, the Louisville basketball program was running hookers. Dick, the head coach was having dessert on a restaurant table that was not on its menu.

Reaction Score

That actually sounds like an awful idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom