Vitale | The Boneyard

Vitale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched the ND Duke game, it is almost impossible to watch him do a Duke game with the volume on

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I watched the ND Duke game, it is almost impossible to watch him do a Duke game with the volume on

hence I don't

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He is so behind on the times, I feel like he is lost in today's analytics and social media recruiting generation. As a result, he just repeats what he knows from his 35 years in the biz, just keep repeating "Duke and UK are the best" because chances are those two teams are highly ranked and generate the most discussion.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
His coaching career is overshadowed by Bill Rafferty.
Rafferty is twice the analyst and Dookie V.
He is a color man whose sole job is entertainment
He was insufferable 10 years ago and has become a senile joke.
He should just get a job with the ACC.

Reaction Score
I just turned the TV on to ESPN and the first thing I hear is Vitale say with Amile Jefferson healthy, Duke is the best team in the nation. This clown should have been put out to pasture 15 years ago.
I'm watching them get beat up by Miami. If they are the best team in the country w/ Jefferson then Amile must be a combination of Lebron and Curry

Reaction Score
Dook Vitale is a great man, a horrible analyst

in 35+ years, I'm not sure he's ever broken down one defense, seriously

he's nothing about X's and O's, and all about hype

The joke is on the people who actually think his job description is breaking down x's and o's. It's sports for . It's supposed to be fun. People think he makes it fun. You want to listen to an insufferable drone spout invented basketball terms ad nauseam you can watch Jay Bilas.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
The joke is on the people who actually think his job description is breaking down x's and o's. It's sports for . It's supposed to be fun. People think he makes it fun. You want to listen to an insufferable drone spout invented basketball terms ad nauseam you can watch Jay Bilas.

I prefer X's and O's like bilas ove that duke sucker really. Lol

Reaction Score
Vitale's routine might have been fun 15-20 years ago and once upon a time he was good for the game but that time has passed, now it's just a lame act. You are probably the only college basketball fan I've heard who would prefer listening to Vitale over Bilas. Jay is easily one of the best in the game and despite going to Duke he remains impartial, Vitale is an insufferable shill for Duke and Tobacco Road. Raftery is an old guy who knows how to keep things fun and loose while also providing real insights into the game. Hubie Brown is an old guy who you feel you learn something new about the game every time he talks, Vitale is an old guy providing two hours straight of verbal diarrhea.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You love to disagree. You are the full time Devil's Advocate on this board. How you can possibly use Jay Bilas' name and the idea that people dont want to hear about the actual strategy of the game as an insult is beyond me.

Reaction Score
His coaching career is overshadowed by Bill Rafferty.
Rafferty is twice the analyst and Dookie V.
He is a color man whose sole job is entertainment
He was insufferable 10 years ago and has become a senile joke.
He should just get a job with the ACC.
And Bill RAFTERY is pretty good too

Reaction Score
Yeah, there's a reason why literally every single analyst is an ex player or coach. It's because we want to be entertained by them, not get any of their vast insights about the game. Why doesn't ESPN just hire Bozo the clown as an analyst.....he sure would make the games entertaining.

Possibly the worst post ever on this board, and that's saying something.

Reaction Score
You love to disagree. You are the full time Devil's Advocate on this board. How you can possibly use Jay Bilas' name and the idea that people dont want to hear about the actual strategy of the game as an insult is beyond me.
He's a contrarian. Also seems obsessed with calling other people obsessed about Duke and Kentucky. Bashing Bilas while elevating Vitale is a strange one, never saw that one coming.

Reaction Score
I actually would like to see raftery, vitale, verne lundquist and anyone else who's pushing 80 retire.

Reaction Score
I think most hardcore college basketball fans are irritated by Vitale at this point, but he's a personality and quite possibly the face of the sport. I can't stand listening to him call games but I think there's still a place for him in the studio, where I've always found him more bearable. I'm not sure he intends to show blatant favoritism towards certain programs so much as he's a product of the role he's asked to play. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who watches a lot of college basketball games on TV, and as a result he can comment only on what he sees (which, more often, tends to be high profile games).

Bilas can be annoyingly repetitive, and he can also be smug, but he mixes in enough self-deprecation where I've never really had a problem with him. As an analyst, I tend to agree with most of the things he says, and my favorite part about him is that he's unafraid to call out officiating or people in positions of power (like the NCAA). There's also the part where he was, to my knowledge, literally the only person to back us during the APR fiasco.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He is the John Madden of college basketball. He talks and talks but never really says anything.
John Madden was a world champion as a coach and an incredible analyst. Don't let Frank Caliendos impression persuade you otherwise. Vitale isn't in the same stratosphere.

Reaction Score
I just turned the TV on to ESPN and the first thing I hear is Vitale say with Amile Jefferson healthy, Duke is the best team in the nation. This clown should have been put out to pasture 15 years ago.
Poor Dookie V.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
uconngb said:
Why doesn't ESPN just hire Bozo the clown as an analyst.....he sure would make the games entertaining.
They have, his name is Bill Walton and I love it. Just him being on a game makes me watch Pac12 games I don't care about,

Vitale has long since become a caricature of himself but he gets a lifetime pass with me. In the 90s he WAS college hoops and when he did a game it you knew it was a special event. Great ambassador of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom