Vitale Blames Sneaker Companys | The Boneyard

Vitale Blames Sneaker Companys

Reaction Score
ESPN ah, don't look for them to bite the coaching and school program hands that feed them. Said nothing directly about Pitino or the others.

Reaction Score
The thing that burns me is how they have been in bed with these big coaches and conferences kissing butt year after year and hyping them helping to get those top recruits. their tv matchups are all based on this, and yes we find ourselves on the outside looking in now and it frankly makes me cranky. So they are now appalled. right.

Reaction Score
Vitale always supports the coaches no matter the issue. This includes Calhoun during the APR fiasco.
APR and then Miles. Think about our violations for a second in comparison to what we see out there. One of our helpers tried to get a badly needed operation for a kid, and second we didn't quite make the GPA's. North Carolina made GPA's and cleared their rosters for eligibility with non existent courses. and pre written term papers.

Reaction Score
Dickie V has ALWAYS treated Ricky as a butt buddy. Nosepicker also!!!

Reaction Score
There's no reason for him yo go against his coaching fraternity now

Reaction Score
Vitale throws the sneaker co's under the bus while the coaches are as pure as the driven snow?Idjit alert!

Reaction Score
There's the "I was abused by _____" criminal defense

There's the "Too many Twinkies" criminal defense

Now we have the "Big Bad Sneaker Company" criminal defense as proposed by Dickie V. Adidas and maybe others are of course at the center of this series of crimes but all the coaches involved, directly or otherwise, made a decision after being given the choice between right and wrong (no grey murky area here), committed multiple crimes over a lengthy time span - this is on them, period.

Who knows, maybe there are some coaches who said no, like to think there are, but I am sometimes rather naïve.

Reaction Score
The kids still go pro and sign with those companies. There will be a couple fall guys, but the beat goes on sponsoring AAU tournaments, teams, etc. They don't care

Reaction Score
RP has been crooked since he was an assistant coach at Hawaii. I hope this is the end of him as a college basketball coach. Interesting that it was the FBI that finally caught him, not the NCAA, because they protect certain coaches/programs.

Reaction Score
APR and then Miles. Think about our violations for a second in comparison to what we see out there. One of our helpers tried to get a badly needed operation for a kid, and second we didn't quite make the GPA's. North Carolina made GPA's and cleared their rosters for eligibility with non existent courses. and pre written term papers.
J walking vs. assault.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To be fair, they were waiting for an update as to Lebron's most recent bowel movement. They had to fill air time somehow.
After hearing what came out of his mouth this past Sunday, James had that movement orally several times
The guy is a complete knucklehead
Just play basketball - intelligent conversation is not in his book of can dos

Reaction Score
After hearing what came out of his mouth this past Sunday, James had that movement orally several times
The guy is a complete knucklehead
Just play basketball - intelligent conversation is not in his book of can dos
Worst post of all time. I'd say go to the Cesspool but your dumb@ss would get taken to school.

Reaction Score
Vitale can rest at ease; Duke has not been mentioned.

Not yet anyway. This is going to touch every corner of the college basketball world before it is over. A guy that posts on another board that I frequent, who is involved with AAU stuff in Florida and has been providing pretty good breakdowns of this thing is saying that Kansas is the next one we are going to hear noise about. We will see, but he has been right on with the details of the sports agency and some of the people involved in the story (he claims to know the Miami assistant), and he has been a real good source for recruiting information over the last few years so I don't have any real reasons to doubt him.

Reaction Score
ESPN ah, don't look for them to bite the coaching and school program hands that feed them. Said nothing directly about Pitino or the others.
dook must be involved then

Reaction Score
BTW Dickie, it's not just shoes. It is sports management companies even tailors. There are lots of ways to profit off the kids beyond shoes (but they are the biggest offenders). One way is to be a dirty coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom