Vital? | The Boneyard

Vital?

Reaction Score
Any boneyarders watch him play in NEPSAC or any summer circuits before UConn? He was hyped as a kid who might be a little better thajln his ranking, a shooter and a backup end of the bench type player coming in. He's better than I think all of us expected, I noticed the toughness right away and he just gives off leadership qualities but the thing that's surprising to me is his athleticism. Seems there was always some sort of cap put on how good he could be because of him not being a great athlete. He's far more athletic and strong than I expected. He's not really overmatched by anyone we play and seems even bouncier than he was earlier in the season. Is this a kid who is growing into his body as an athlete or was it always there and people just slept on his abilities?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any boneyarders watch him play in NEPSAC or any summer circuits before UConn? He was hyped as a kid who might be a little better thajln his ranking, a shooter and a backup end of the bench type player coming in. He's better than I think all of us expected, I noticed the toughness right away and he just gives off leadership qualities but the thing that's surprising to me is his athleticism. Seems there was always some sort of cap put on how good he could be because of him not being a great athlete. He's far more athletic and strong than I expected. He's not really overmatched by anyone we play and seems even bouncier than he was earlier in the season. Is this a kid who is growing into his body as an athlete or was it always there and people just slept on his abilities?

I'm with you and I've been + positive on him throughout the season. You spent a paragraph saying he passes the eye test and has "it".

Reaction Score

I've replied to a number of posts since the day he decommitted from unlv.......saw him play at least 60 times in his last two yrs and was amused at most of the posts especially the ones citing his 150 ish ranking......he was first team aaa nepsac.......he needed to add strength and he has...........his shooting fr 3 is streaky but seems to be made ore consistent.....ollie knew what he was getting, being at many of his games....his prep school coach said his improvement yr to yr was the largest he'd seen in his 37 yrs...and it continues.......his maturity seems to be rubbing off on some of his teammates .....some could use it......

Reaction Score
I'll be the first to make an outlandish comparison. Vital can develop into a Buddy Hield kind of of 2G in college. Similar ranking out of high school(Composite: Vital 167, Hield 178), freshman year production extremely similar. Both seem to have that winner's mentality. The only real differences are that Vital has a much better 3% than Hield as a freshman, 37% vs 24%, and that Hield has a couple of inches on Vital.

Ridicule me, please.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First poster: I'll be the first to make an outlandish comparison. Vital can develop into a Buddy Hield kind of of 2G in college. Ridicule me, please.

Second poster:
You're fat.

You're dumb.

You stink.

You're a closet Syracuse fan.

You frighten children.

You're the reason for 63.5% of venerial disease.

You like Arby's.

You have a small penis.

And your mother never loved you.

PS. Vital and Hield is a terrible comparison.

We responded to this.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Mr. Wonderful, post: 2052407, member: 178]

You're a closet Syracuse fan.

[/QUOTE]

That's over the line

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members