Vital was fouled at the end | The Boneyard

Vital was fouled at the end

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Got this from @Storrs South twitter. Easy to lose control when someone is hooking your arm, elbowing your ribcage, and leg leaning on his leg. Vital was obviously unjustified running into a crowd, but it was a foul.
Screenshot_20191211-153138_Twitter.jpg

Reaction Score
Dicky V kept commenting how Indiana gets to the line a lot like they were playing so physical. They weren't. The fouls called on UConn in the first half were all touch fouls that put Indiana in the bonus. 6 out of those first 7 fouls shouldn't have been called. These refs are just dying to blow the whistle...if that is the case they should be consistent.

However, I just knew something bad would happen when Sniper got the ball at the end of the game and dribbled up the sideline.

Reaction Score
Dude...are you serious right now??? Making excuses for Vital or our team in general at this point is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to be in these positions. That is a loser's mentality. Move on.

Reaction Score
Dicky V kept commenting how Indiana gets to the line a lot like they were playing so physical. They weren't. The fouls called on UConn in the first half were all touch fouls that put Indiana in the bonus. 6 out of those first 7 fouls shouldn't have been called. These refs are just dying to blow the whistle...if that is the case they should be consistent.

However, I just knew something bad would happen when Sniper got the ball at the end of the game and dribbled up the sideline.
I love that his nickname is Sniper and he's shooting 36%.

Reaction Score
Bouknight and Akok get fouls for breathing on the opponent wrong.
Don't forget that brutal action by Polley where he ran next to a guy who didn't get the pass and decided to stumble over. That guys a violent thug who should've been technical fouled out of the game earlier

Reaction Score
Got this from @Storrs South twitter. Easy to lose control when someone is hooking your arm, elbowing your ribcage, and leg leaning on his leg. Vital was obviously unjustified running into a crowd, but it was a foul. View attachment 49068
He put up 7 points, missed free throws, made bad passes,turned the ball over etc. If he plays a decent game he's shooting free throws at the end to close the deal. Let me add, he had 2 points in the second half. 2:confused:

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What exactly was his plan there? He was trapped with no timeouts nowhere to go and no one to pass to with like 5 seconds left. It was the same exact spot on the floor he ALWAYS runs to in that situation then turns it over. I hate to rag on the kid because I’m sure he feels like crap today but that ball needs to get to Al sooner

Reaction Score
Man the Big East really be a test to our fans next season (if it hasn't changed). 10 years ago these threads would have been closed immediately. Feels like a badminton league around here sometimes.

Reaction Score
Dude...are you serious right now??? Making excuses for Vital or our team in general at this point is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to be in these positions. That is a loser's mentality. Move on.
LOL, wut?!? It was a foul. Would it have mattered, probably not

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What exactly was his plan there?
Just spit balling here, but I'm guessing it was .... drive into traffic, get fouled, make the first, miss the second, put back his own miss, get fouled, make the foul shot, be the hero, get carried off the court on the shoulders of his teammates, have a NBA scout make the "call me" hand gesture as he was swept into the locker room and nail a cheerleader. Or something like that.

Reaction Score
Coached for 30 years and you never blame the refs when you lose. That being said I have seen games like last nite taken away by the refs. How are the refs chosen for a game like this and does DH have any say in who he gets?
Twenty TOs will get you a loss every time.

Reaction Score
What exactly was his plan there? He was trapped with no timeouts nowhere to go and no one to pass to with like 5 seconds left. It was the same exact spot on the floor he ALWAYS runs to in that situation then turns it over. I hate to rag on the kid because I’m sure he feels like crap today but that ball needs to get to Al sooner
He really does do it every time, it's insanity. We all knew it was going to happen. It's bball 101 of what not to do.

Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Vital, and for good reason, but perhaps the biggest possession of the game was a horrendous 3 attempt by Polley. He gets somewhat of a pass because he is usually not one of the bad shot culprits, but that was one bad shot he took from the left wing for what was a huge possession. Turnovers and shot selection...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The refs, particularly in the first half, were absolutely brutal, but at the end of the day we were the masters of our destiny, and we crapped the bed--blowing opportunity after opportunity. Vital's decision to dribble into traffic was never going to end well.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody in the chat said CV cut in front of AG to get the outlet pass on that play. If so, pretty hilarious.

Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Vital, and for good reason, but perhaps the biggest possession of the game was a horrendous 3 attempt by Polley. He gets somewhat of a pass because he is usually not one of the bad shot culprits, but that was one bad shot he took from the left wing for what was a huge possession. Turnovers and shot selection...

Polley is trying to come off screens for open looks but he’s just sprinting off the screen without changing pace and setting up his shot pretty slow so he’s covered by the time he wants to let it go. He needs to set up his defender much better

Reaction Score
Could not agree more! I root for this kid, but he’s done this before multiple times. He was reckless and out of control. He shouldn’t have had the ball at all!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Polley is trying to come off screens for open looks but he’s just sprinting off the screen without changing pace and setting up his shot pretty slow so he’s covered by the time he wants to let it go. He needs to set up his defender much better

Also: One of the things we saw last night was what happens when an opposing team has adequate time to scout and gameplan against Polley and Bouk.

Reaction Score
LOL, wut?!? It was a foul. Would it have mattered, probably not
My point is, why are we worried about it? 9/10 times you don’t get that call in final seconds especially if he is already out of control which he was

Reaction Score
The refs, particularly in the first half, were absolutely brutal, but at the end of the day we were the masters of our destiny, and we crapped the bed--blowing opportunity after opportunity. Vital's decision to dribble into traffic was never going to end well.
Exactly, I don’t get why people are complaining about this. We made our bed long before this play play happened and we slept in it. I hate excuses after a loss

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom