Vital Just Became This Team's Most Important Player | The Boneyard

Vital Just Became This Team's Most Important Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
With AG's shoulder now a major issue and Purvis's inconsistency unfortunately showing no signs of subsiding, Ollie may have to trust CV with more minutes this season than any of us thought. He had quite a sloppy game tonight, but I hope for the sake of the program he can get it together, play smarter, and tighten up that long-range shot. I'm encouraged by the fact that he looks like a more complete player than either of our 3-star combo guards (TSam and SCJ) who didn't pan out. That said, he is going to need to step up and play way above his ranking. Hopefully the moxie and intensity in his scouting report can translate into highly positive play on the court.

Reaction Score
he was sloppy, but took great shots and really got after it on their shooter late in the game. he blew those lay ups but i'll let those slide. really like his composure and shooting mechanics.

Reaction Score
With AG's shoulder now a major issue and Purvis's inconsistency unfortunately showing no signs of subsiding, Ollie may have to trust CV with more minutes than any of us thought. He had quite a sloppy game tonight, but I hope for the sake of the program he can get it together, play smarter, and tighten up that long-range shot. I'm encouraged by the fact that he looks like a more complete player than either of our 3-star combo guards (TSam and SCJ) who didn't pan out. That said, he is going to need to step up and play way above his ranking. Hopefully the moxie and intensity in his scouting report can translate into highly positive play on the court.
I did't see a sloppy game. His outside stroke looks sweet even though it has a high release. Now going to the basket he does look very tentative. Great D player. Plays like a heady upper class men to me.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I did't see a sloppy game. His outside stroke looks sweet even though it has a high release. Now going to the basket he does look very tentative. Great D player. Plays like a head upper class men to me.

3-10 from the field and missing layups is sloppy, but I'm confident he can cut down on that in short order. He and AG definitely are not playing like freshmen - I think that he will have a much easier time adjusting to being a full contributor.

Reaction Score
I did't see a sloppy game. His outside stroke looks sweet even though it has a high release. Now going to the basket he does look very tentative. Great D player. Plays like a head upper class men to me.
you just can't blow those lay ups, and i'm a big fan of his. could have gave him a nice stat line too

Reaction Score
As a freshman he is where Kemba and Bazz were, and growing more confident game by game. Not saying he's going to be an AA, just saying he is playing like a freshman, no worse than those two in their first year (SO FAR).

As a guard Ollie is the perfect coach for him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
As a freshman he is where Kemba and Bazz were, and growing more confident game by game. Not saying he's going to be an AA, just saying he is playing like a freshman, no worse than those two in their first year.

As a guard Ollie is the perfect coach for him.

CV's hunger and intensity seem like they're tailor-made for Ollie. I think that even though Jalen may be the more talented of the two, Ollie's coaching may have a greater overall effect on Vital.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
With AG's shoulder now a major issue and Purvis's inconsistency unfortunately showing no signs of subsiding, Ollie may have to trust CV with more minutes than any of us thought. He had quite a sloppy game tonight, but I hope for the sake of the program he can get it together, play smarter, and tighten up that long-range shot. I'm encouraged by the fact that he looks like a more complete player than either of our 3-star combo guards (TSam and SCJ) who didn't pan out. That said, he is going to need to step up and play way above his ranking. Hopefully the moxie and intensity in his scouting report can translate into highly positive play on the court.

Believe it or not but Vital had zero turnovers. Now, I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes but I wouldn't say he was overly sloppy.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
He took shots with confidence and I like that. Vance was super hesitant and ineffective. Purvis just kept stinking up the joint and with Rique out for who knows how long, you are dead right in predicting Vital will need to step up.

Love his confidence and demeanor. He reminds me of a Doug Wiggins type of player. Wiggins when his mind was right was a solid contributor and bench spark plug for us and Vital can fill the 1st guard off the bench role well

Reaction Score
Vital needs to play more minutes than Purvis. It's apparent three games in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom