Vital finally got his dagger shot, multiples! | The Boneyard

Vital finally got his dagger shot, multiples!

Reaction Score
Real Hero Ball. Damn we won because of him. What a freakin warrior!

Who would have thought his daggers would come from the free throw line. Much more pressure that way and all skill (no luck required).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CV wasn't the best player on the court tonight (except for that stretch when Bouk went to the bench in the 2nd), but there has never been a player I have been more comfortable at the line to close out a game. He has the perfect attributes to be a FT line cooler.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The hero ball was the air ball 3 at 1:30 remaining. Who cares? It was at the end of running 39 seconds off the clock.

Then he goes 8-8 from FT line in last 70 seconds.

You’d think Houston could’ve stopped him from getting the ball at least once!

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'm so happy for CV I could cry. That kid has earned a big important win and he got it. Al played his heart out. I don't think I could be happier right now, I love those guys and everything they represent.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
So happy for him and proud of this team which just plays better as the year goes on. CV a real warrior and a bright future in whatever he pursues. Always gave 100% and that is leading by example.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Who would have thought his daggers would coming from the free throw line. Much more pressure that way and all skill (no luck required).
He played great. We won not only bc of him but bc everyone played their role and we have some great freshmen

Reaction Score

Who would have thought his daggers were coming from the free throw line. Much more pressure that way and all skill (no luck required).
He played an amazing all around game. Very few mistakes, scored at the basket, pumped up the crowd. So, so happy for him. Couldn’t ask for a better senior night.

Reaction Score
CV wasn't the best player on the court tonight (except for that stretch when Bouk went to the bench in the 2nd), but there has never been a player I have been more comfortable at the line to close out a game. He has the perfect attributes to be a FT line cooler.
Yes he was.

Reaction Score
you could hear the hush that went through the crowd when grimes hit that last three that cut the uconn lead to four... vital with the stones to end the game immediately after. incredible.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Stop digging and join in the 8-8 at the end of tonight's game.

Buzz off, you sourpuss

I’ve given plenty of props to CV, nobody needs Mr “I start 15 threads after every game” to be policing anyone.

Reaction Score
I may catch a lot of flak for this, but I think he deserves a spot on the wall of honor. This kid has been through more hardship than any other UConn player I can remember. He fights every game and truly bleeds blue. He may not have the accolades but he has the heart.

Reaction Score
the entire 2014 team was ice cold

For sure. Just feels different with CV. I'm legitimately relaxed when he's at the line in a big spot. He's also a few % points better than anyone on that team, but that team was obviously way better as a team and went unconscious in the tournament.

Reaction Score

Who would have thought his daggers would come from the free throw line. Much more pressure that way and all skill (no luck required).
Aside from everything else he does, to go up there at the end of the game with all pressure on him over and over again and hit those free throws is what makes him great.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
For sure. Just feels different with CV. I'm legitimately relaxed when he's at the line in a big spot. He's also a few % points better than anyone on that team, but that team was obviously way better as a team and went unconscious in the tournament.

I felt relaxed each time got fouled

less relaxed when Grimes went Steph Curry

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom