Vital “push foul” | The Boneyard

Vital “push foul”

Reaction Score
Gotta think this changes the outcome to some extent. Akok got the ball and Tulsa guy clearly jumps away from Vital and vital makes no pushing motion to him. Tulsa drains 2 FTs and instead of us possible scoring 2 they score 2. 4 point swing on a 4 point loss

Reaction Score
He was off balance and Vital nudged him. Clearly visible from the baseline cam.

The foul I didn't like was the foul on Akok when he was getting boxed out while the other guy was driving. I've seen that called on the offensive guy so often, and the push from Akok was certainly not egregious.

Reaction Score
It was a big call, but an easy call for the ref.

I didn't like Bouk's 3rd foul call. He was moving his feet and the guy with the ball just put his head down and plowed through. It was a no-call at best.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

The foul I didn't like was the foul on Akok when he was getting boxed out while the other guy was driving. I've seen that called on the offensive guy so often, and the push from Akok was certainly not egregious.
Looked a lot like the moving screens they called all last game.

Reaction Score

yup. That is generally called an offensive foul/moving screen

Reaction Score
It’s hard to say any one call changed outcome of this game. This is the same story over and over again. Does anyone really believe UConn wins this even if the guy gets called for going out of bounds?
This team is flat out allergic to making Winning plays in crunch time

Reaction Score
We had a couple of calls that went our way also. Officiating wasn't the reason we lost. Actually the outcome was closer than it should have been considering they shot 49% from the field, took 17 more fts, and killed us on the glass. The one thing we did very well was limit the turnovers.

Reaction Score
We had a couple of calls that went our way also. Officiating wasn't the reason we lost. Actually the outcome was closer than it should have been considering they shot 49% from the field, took 17 more fts, and killed us on the glass. The one thing we did very well was limit the turnovers.
Somebody, I think Sid got a chance at a 3 pt play on what on replay was clearly a foul way before the shot. And somebody else got one on what was on replay a pretty clear charge. Bad calls evened out in this one.

Reaction Score
Vital humped him, soft or not he did bump him. Not sure why we are all of a sudden doing so much ref watching on this board. Can't have every whistle be perfect or pro-UConn, doesn't work that way.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Vital humped him, soft or not he did bump him. Not sure why we are all of a sudden doing so much ref watching on this board. Can't have every whistle be perfect or pro-UConn, doesn't work that way.

Used to, Jim Calhoun was never short changed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom