Virginia Tech @ Notre Dame - 2/20/20 | The Boneyard

Virginia Tech @ Notre Dame - 2/20/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Notre Dame, IN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: RSN (affiliates) (Evan Lepler, Kelley Deyo)

Video stream:

Audio

Live stats:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI obviously is the better team, but I dont trust them in this game.

Reaction Score
I haven't decided to go with the Mabrey as a player or as a coach....so far all the Mabrey's have done a lot better winning as players, especially when they were at ND.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Johnny-come-lately's to the ACC might not be aware that a certain school in Blacksburg was known for decades as Virginia Polytechnic Institute

:) Don't worry; many of us feel like this when trying to learn @triaddukefan 's idiosyncratic ways:

Muffet-Animated.gif

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I am more confident than ever in voting for Notre Dame this game. Muffet and her minions will not stand idly by while the visiting team tries to deal them a 17th loss of the season. Kaitlyn Cole will have a career high in points, and Marta Sniezek will set an NCAA record for charges taken. Notre Dame by 20.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Uh oh, I fear the above snippet of Miss Muffet falling off her tuffet will irritate a few of the non-Husky faithful...Go Hokies!
Unlike Triad, I have no worries as Kenny has VPI playing well now and I will not be denied my 20 loss season...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't decided to go with the Mabrey as a player or as a coach....so far all the Mabrey's have done a lot better winning as players, especially when they were at ND.

Well, maybe this article by Irish beat reporter Anthony Anderson can help you with that decision. It takes a look at player Dara vs. asst. coach Michaela (aka, Mike). Mike, btw, did the scouting report on Va. Tech because she knows the 2nd leading scorer pretty well, from Jersey Shore driveway duels!

Article also touches on Destinee Walker's plans to apply for another year of eligibilty.

And for those who are making picks, be aware that Kaitlyn Gilbert is suffering from the flu and may not play.

Tip of the hat to RISteve for posting over on The Bench. ;)

Reaction Score
Article also touches on Destinee Walker's plans to apply for another year of eligibilty.

That’s a little intriguing. It’s kinda like Tea Cooper’s situation, where she’s already a grad student but she has another year of eligibility available. Aren’t the odds pretty low of her not getting the extra year?

She’s the leading scorer for ND but she has poor efficiency numbers. She’s the leading three point shooter at 0.271. Kind of sums up the ND season.

She hasn’t been flying on any draft radars, like UConn’s Walker. Another year would probably benefit her.

Reaction Score
The Johnny-come-lately's to the ACC might not be aware that a certain school in Blacksburg was known for decades as Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Thx...I was confused....still that Virginia school was in the Big East back in the 19xx's when ND and UConn were in the same conference. It was always called Virginia Tech back then, so I needed the help.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That’s a little intriguing. It’s kinda like Tea Cooper’s situation, where she’s already a grad student but she has another year of eligibility available. Aren’t the odds pretty low of her not getting the extra year?

She’s the leading scorer for ND but she has poor efficiency numbers. She’s the leading three point shooter at 0.271. Kind of sums up the ND season.

She hasn’t been flying on any draft radars, like UConn’s Walker. Another year would probably benefit her.
No the odds are pretty high (almost automatic) that she will get it. Technically it is not an "extra" year of eligibility either. It is medical redshirt situation and a request to extend her 5 year clock to use 4 years of eligibility. Walker missed the entire '17-18 Season at UNC. Walker also only played in 4 games at UNC during what would have been her academic senior year. The NCAA criteria is 1) Documentation of the injury 2) Certification that the player played in less than 20% of the teams games during any season.

The issue with Tea Cooper’s is what noone has been able to verify-Did she lose a year of eligibility when she transferred within the SEC (TN to South Carolina)? If Cooper did not lose that year of eligibility then she would also qualify for a medical redshirt.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
The Fighting Irish are going to deny the rubber sphere to the hot shooting Dara Mabrey.
Shutting her down will lead to another W for the 2018 Coach of the Year Muffet McGraw.

“I know all of her tendencies,” Notre Dame assistant coach Michaela Mabrey bragged with a laugh Wednesday afternoon of kid sibling and Virginia Tech guard Dara Mabrey.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

One: I agree with both you and Coco (and MPG over on the Bench) that Destinee will probably be granted that extra year in 2020-21. I also think it would behoove her to take it and continue to refine that game. She's really streaky...everything seems to come in bunches. Then, she can disappear (although that's been better recently).

Two: I think having her next year will help the Irish. She's pretty calm and that sets a good example for Gilbert, Peoples, etc., particularly with Sniezek exhausting her one year of eligibility.

Three: Hoping the three-point efficiency improves next year (same with Sam Brunelle). Having other options -- namely Alli Campbell and Kat Westbeld -- will hopefully spread the floor out a bit.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know you speak in jest, but gotta say, Sniezek takes a charge with the best of them. Not the world's most athletic or talented player, but true grit, that one.
I heard them say a couple weeks ago that she had already shattered the Notre Dame record for flopping charges taken in a season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Game on YES network. Lucky break for me.

Mulder

Reaction Score
36-24 Hokies at the half.

The home team need to pick it up in the 3rd stanza.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Golden Domers have cut the lead from 20 to 10 in the 4th. 59-49, just under 4 minutes left.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Brunelle hot from 3. (6 of 9)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kaitlyn Gilbert 1-15. Yeesh.

OTOH, this might be Brunelle's best shooting game of the year.

Mulder

Reaction Score
Stick a Fork in The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame . . . They are DONE!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom