Virginia drops Penn State from 2013 schedule | The Boneyard

Virginia drops Penn State from 2013 schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well that's pretty obvious sign. Virginia to the PAC 12. Those west coasters always think outside the box!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bush league dumping someone so late. Yet we are supposed to believe that UVA is Big 10 bound?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Bush league dumping someone so late. Yet we are supposed to believe that UVA is Big 10 bound?

Seems odd that Virginia could dump their return date to Penn State so late in the game.

Penn State on the same day inked a home/home with Central Florida though to replace the game.

Seems to me that Penn State wouldn't have let UVA off the hook without at least an adequate replacement?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seems odd that Virginia could dump their return date to Penn State so late in the game.

Penn State on the same day inked a home/home with Central Florida though to replace the game.

Seems to me that Penn State wouldn't have let UVA off the hook without at least an adequate replacement?

It's strange. Somehow they both opted into games they are more likely to lose.

Penn State playing a home and home with Central Florida is also odd. Maybe upstater can explain that one to us.

Reaction Score
It's strange. Somehow they both opted into games they are more likely to lose.

Penn State playing a home and home with Central Florida is also odd. Maybe upstater can explain that one to us.

Why is that bad? Penn State has played home and homes with Temple, Syracuse, a variety of other schools recently. Don't believe the Pitt people. They're the ones who threw a hissy fit at not having a 10 year contract. PSU was more than happy to schedule them for a home and home.

There is no way the B1G can go to 10 conference games. It will make scheduling a 7th home game (heck, teams like Michigan sometimes have 8 home games) near impossible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why is that bad? Penn State has played home and homes with Temple, Syracuse, a variety of other schools recently. Don't believe the Pitt people. They're the ones who threw a hissy fit at not having a 10 year contract. PSU was more than happy to schedule them for a home and home.

There is no way the B1G can go to 10 conference games. It will make scheduling a 7th home game (heck, teams like Michigan sometimes have 8 home games) near impossible.

It's not bad, just surprising they were willing to take 1:1 with UCF.

Reaction Score
It's not bad, just surprising they were willing to take 1:1 with UCF.

Probably with the late notice, they had no choice but to make that kind of a deal. I agree, don't think they would normally do that. Maybe a 2:1 but a 1:1 is not typical.

Reaction Score
Probably with the late notice, they had no choice but to make that kind of a deal. I agree, don't think they would normally do that. Maybe a 2:1 but a 1:1 is not typical.

Well, like I said, they've done it with Temple and Cuse in the recent past--so why not UCF.

And yes, UCF is a better football team than Virginia. So its' going to be a tougher game. That being said, Virginia owes Penn State a game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, like I said, they've done it with Temple and Cuse in the recent past--so why not UCF.

And yes, UCF is a better football team than Virginia. So its' going to be a tougher game. That being said, Virginia owes Penn State a game.

Well @Temple is a home game and Syracuse is a traditional rival... I get 2;1 but still seems like they can do better than 1:1 with UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom