Virginia @ #7 Mississippi State | The Boneyard

Virginia @ #7 Mississippi State

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
9:00 pm Eastern time
on SEC Network+

An up-and-coming Virginia squad, with two sophomores who were on the All-ACC Freshman Team last year, travels to Starkville.

Mississippi State going with basically a four-guard lineup, with:
M. William
B. Schaefer
R. Johnson
V. Vivians
T. McCowan

Commentators saying that Vivians will be playing the 4 due to a knee injury to another MSU player.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Vivians so far so good at the 4.

Both teams playing good D.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a sludge fest. I mean, 18 all at home with 4 mins left in the half? Against Virginia? C'mon man.

Reaction Score
Miss st did not win last year bc of their prolific offense. And that’s gonna he even more suspect in game 1 with nerves and all.

Plebe

Reaction Score
What a sludge fest. I mean, 18 all at home with 4 mins left in the half? Against Virginia? C'mon man.
Sludge fest. I like that. Imma start using that :)

Virginia's no slouch. Gave ND and Louisville all they could handle last year, and beat Florida State.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One team shooting 32% and leading by 10 at the half because the other team is shooting 31%

Plebe

Reaction Score
One team shooting 32% and leading by 10 at the half because the other team is shooting 31%
That and Virginia has 11 turnovers. They've had some good moments but a lot of sloppy moments in between. But credit to MSU's defense for causing a lot of that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sludge fest. I like that. Imma start using that :)

Virginia's no slouch. Gave ND and Louisville all they could handle last year, and beat Florida State.
I think I'll start using it too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
MSU your new most hate school in Connecticut lol

Plebe

Reaction Score
MSU your new most hate school in Connecticut lol
Mmm is it? Maybe ...

I watched most of this game, and here's a name for Miss St that should be remembered: Chloe Bibby, a 6-1 freshman from Australia. Big body, great feel, good shooter. Came off the bench to score 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting, including 2-of-3 from three-point range.

Vivians was solid, scoring 22 points on 8-of-15 shooting. Roshunda Johnson had 20, including four 3-pointers.

Virginia has talented players but they're sorely missing a true point guard (I believe I read that their point guard went down with an ACL injury recently). 23 turnovers in this game.

Reaction Score
I am seriously disappointed in UVa. McCowan was too much early on for the Cav's. Yes I noticed the shooting percentage.
One poster asked is Ms St our new team to hate--the answer is NO. The played well, played hard, were coached well--to the Victor belongs the spoils!!

Reaction Score
A friend texted me from the game: "At the Hump tonight; MSU guys just won; gals up now (and a bigger crowd)!"

I'm so glad for the women to get more fans. I'm glad to read of good crowds for any and all women's games.
I concur!
On a more serious note: How do you think the new Conway/Little Rock new Uconn recruit set with you??? Now if she can direct me to Lum and Abners "Jot-em down Store" south of Fort Smith so I can find it again. Hmmmm. Wow has that area developed and grown!!

Reaction Score
I concur!
On a more serious note: How do you think the new Conway/Little Rock new Uconn recruit set with you??? Now if she can direct me to Lum and Abners "Jot-em down Store" south of Fort Smith so I can find it again. Hmmmm. Wow has that area developed and grown!!

I think she's a great basketball player and will do really well at UCONN. Ft. Smith would be 2 plus hours west of her hometown so I don't think she can help as much there!

Reaction Score
I think she's a great basketball player and will do really well at UCONN. Ft. Smith would be 2 plus hours west of her hometown so I don't think she can help as much there!
I spent a lot of time in both places Fort Smith, north of Ft. Chafee, 101 Airborne ANG, Jacksonville AFB (port of flight of supplies to the Contra's), and the tiny town 20 miles north of Jax where the tornado blew currency into the structure of the local Bank Conroy??, Hope Ark passed by their weekly on my back roads to shrevesport, La, up-down and sideways across Ark, up north to the Lake that Kennedy gave a speech near. I enjoyed the tiny town's most. Hector, Ark.
UALR, Fanny Mae highway thru LR, Little Cajun. Fort Root VA hospital, VAMC in town LR. She probably drives slower than I, I made that tri(p nearly every other week in about 1.5 hours. LR to OKC in about 5 hours (and a bit more) Mina (pronounced Me na) is the Jot em down Store location. Been to the former German POW camp in N.LR and Japanese interment camp east of N.LR. Chased by tornadoes from Hot Springs to N.LR. Saw a tree drop on one my students cars as we watched the tornado pass by. Was there when Hillary was still Hillary Rodman.

Reaction Score
Mmm is it? Maybe ...

I watched most of this game, and here's a name for Miss St that should be remembered: Chloe Bibby, a 6-1 freshman from Australia. Big body, great feel, good shooter. Came off the bench to score 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting, including 2-of-3 from three-point range.

Vivians was solid, scoring 22 points on 8-of-15 shooting. Roshunda Johnson had 20, including four 3-pointers.

Virginia has talented players but they're sorely missing a true point guard (I believe I read that their point guard went down with an ACL injury recently). 23 turnovers in this game.
UVA has a point guard - it’s Toussant. The kid who went down with the ACL was a freshman combo guard from France. She would have come off the bench and contributed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UVA has a point guard - it’s Toussant. The kid who went down with the ACL was a freshman combo guard from France. She would have come off the bench and contributed.
IIRC last year's PG was Mason and she was their only starter to graduate. Toussaint is a combo guard, certainly not a true point guard. If the plan all along was to move her to PG this year, that's fine, but clearly she needs some time to grow into the role. She's a very talented player and she was the only Cavalier in double figures in scoring (with 17), but she also had 8 turnovers. Not good for a point guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom