Vincent Brown, UConn's Co-DC is rejoining Mike London at Howard as DC | The Boneyard

Vincent Brown, UConn's Co-DC is rejoining Mike London at Howard as DC

Reaction Score
I find it really sad that I didn't even know we had a Co-Defensive Coordinator last year. I feel like I can name all our present coaches right now and know more about them than the last 3 year guys.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I find it really sad that I didn't even know we had a Co-Defensive Coordinator last year. I feel like I can name all our present coaches right now and know more about them than the last 3 year guys.

Brown was co-DC for all three years, but Poindexter called the formations. I would have liked to see him stay. The Linebackers were the least of UConn's concerns.

Reaction Score
Brown was co-DC for all three years, but Poindexter called the formations. I would have liked to see him stay. The Linebackers were the least of UConn's concerns.

No they were pretty bad last year. Worst that I can remember during the D 1 era. Undisciplined, slow, easily blocked, and a ton of missed tackles.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No they were pretty bad last year. Worst that I can remember during the D 1 era. Undisciplined, slow, easily blocked, and a ton of missed tackles.
When an offense can't gain a first down, the defense gets about 2 1/2 minutes of real time to rest before going back on the field. A defense that is on the field that much is a tired defense. A tired defense makes mistakes. UConn's D was fairly decent for the first few drives most games.

Reaction Score
I know Diaco would use the tired argument for defense but if that was case we would give up lot more points in second half but we actually gave up more points in first half than second half, all of it due to poor game plans on both sides of ball.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I know Diaco would use the tired argument for defense but if that was case we would give up lot more points in second half but we actually gave up more points in first half than second half, all of it due to poor game plans on both sides of ball.

It's not in defense of Diaco. Actually, nothing to do with him. It's a conclusion drawn from my own observations. Disagree, if you choose. The team was not good on so many levels, there is no wrong answer. Plus, Brown is not on staff, so at the end of the day, the point is rendered moot anyhow.

Reaction Score
Browns tweet wasn't the real culprit. It was the writer's article then funny man Finebaum's rant on his TV show, which was one of the most hypocritical moments in his TV career.

Reaction Score
Browns tweet wasn't the real culprit. It was the writer's article then funny man Finebaum's rant on his TV show, which was one of the most hypocritical moments in his TV career.
This guy is who pushed it national through his connections at NBC :

Scott Stump
@Scott_Stump
Reporter @TODAYshow, contributor @NBCNews, contributor @ShoreSportsNet, Jersey Shore product, Northwestern Wildcat. Email: scott.stump@nbcuni.com

Jersey Shore
today.com
Joined May 2009

Linkedin:
Associate editor, TODAY.com
NBCUniversal, Inc.
November 2012 – Present (4 years 3 months)

Scott Stump‏@Scott_Stump
I hope all Shore recruits notice how UConn ruthlessly dropped Raritan's Ryan Dickens and steer clear of Edsall

Scott Stump ‏@Scott_Stump Jan 17
@Polosportsman The fact that he got hired 3 weeks ago and strung him out until Sunday is just ridiculous. No loyalty in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom