Villanova - Purdue | The Boneyard

Villanova - Purdue

Reaction Score
Three things I notice are that Purdue does not play terrific defense and Villanova is not interested in runnung, both on offense and defense. And Colin Gillespie will play dirty until he is not allowed to.

Reaction Score
we still win the BE v. big10 challenge 6-3

Reaction Score
I watched this entire game, and I gotta say, Nova really doesn’t make me nervous like Nova teams of past. Yes they’re overall very skilled and polished, I noticed every position 1-5 seems to constantly be in that triple threat position which Jay Wright must hammer on (makes sense since all of his teams live the 3 ball). Very curious to see how we look against good competition in Atlantis but I can’t wait to play and beat this team in conference play!

Also, Gillespie is really struggling from his ACL tear. All of his shots including his free throws were short. It took Polley an entire year of being back to get his legs back it seems, may be the same for CG.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the game, but noticed on the box score that Nova played only 7 guys, and Gillespie played the full 40. Are they down a guy or 2? If not, I don’t see how that’s sustainable through a Big East schedule.

Reaction Score
Nova basically played a six man rotation today and against UCLA as well. At some point they will get Antoine back (not sure how effective he'll be after two severe shoulder injury issues) so they're going to be pretty thin in terms of depth. Another injury and it's going to be tough for them to play top teams toe to toe night after night through the Big East gauntlet schedule and then through the tourney in MSG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom