Villain Over ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Villain Over ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Really good start. Especially by Sanogo.
  2. So good to have a decent announcing team doing the game.
  3. Since when is the coach encouraging the fans a T? That's a prime example of a ref thinking he's bigger than the game.
  4. Whaley & Sanogo are the real deal tonight. Unfortunately, Martin and Jackson are not.
  5. Mid-first half, this thing got really chippy.
  6. 45 seconds left in the half. Cole/Sanogo with the play of the year. (Excuse the hyperbole, but damn, that was sweet. Except for the part where Sanogo missed the free throw.)
  7. Ajax 1 for 3 at the half. And the one he made was on a set play for the first bucket of the game.
  8. We are getting beat on the boards at the half -- 16 to 12.
  9. At the half, Huskies owned the dimes (8-3, Steals 3-1 & Blocks 4-1 and Turnovers, 1-8. But we're only up by 1.
  10. Whaley and Sanogo -- 8 for 12. Cole, 3 for 6. Rest of team, 3 for 14. Somebody else needs to get hot in the 2nd half. Preferably Polley or Hawkins.
  11. Tyrese two threes to start the 2nd!
  12. Nice night for Adama to bring out his best offense.
  13. Wait a minute. Scratch that Cole/Sanogo combo from earlier. Jackson/Whaley completed one even better.
  14. 10:46 Sanogo to Polley! Third killer play of the game.
  15. Everybody in the building could see that poke from Gillespie on Martin coming.
  16. Martin's failure to put back the rebound of Polley's miss at about 4:40 was another one of those costly plays.
  17. Just over 3 left. Too single minded trying to force it to Sanogo. Made it easy for Nova to defend.
  18. Actually shocked that the refs didn't call a foul on the tie up 20 seconds.
  19. The charging call on Nova's last play was payback for the bogus 2nd T call on Hurley. I mean it WAS an obvious charge, but rarely made when winning time is waning. AND, it was on Gillespie, who is used to getting the benefit of the whistle at every turn.
  20. Brilliant strategic miss by Ajax on the 2nd foul shot.
  21. We shot marginally better than Nova from the field (46.4 to 45.7) and from the line (81% to 79%). And we got outrebounded by one. But dimes were 15-9, Steals 6-5, Blocks 4-1 and TOs 8-14. That last figure is telling. You'll win a lot of games if you keep turnovers in single digits.
  22. We only missed 2 FTs ,and that included Ajax's intentional miss on the last FT, so we really only missed one.
  23. Jackson had over half our assists tonight. That bodes well for the future.
  24. I don't think we lose again in the regular season.
  25. We haven't had a student presence as engaged, loud and involved in a long, long time. The free busses to the XL contributed mightily to this win.
  26. Finally, the team is starting to really believe in each other and realize how good they can be. There's still some bumps and wobbles, but the immediate future is a lot more promising than it looked a month ago.

Reaction Score
#19. Nova fans are complaining everywhere that it was a bad call and that so late in the game you should never call a foul there.

I think they are confused.

The ball went out of bounds and Gillespie fell. So either the refs call something or it's UConn inbounding the ball.

I suppose they mean there should have been a blocking foul on Cole-- I thin that's what Gillespie wanted all along

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The game isn't as close if Nova wasn't so good from 3. Many of those were D'ed up pretty well. Killed several rallies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sanogo tends to start games a lot better than he finishes them. Some of it is adjustments made by the opposing teams. Some of it seems to be conditioning. My wife commented tonight on how sweaty and tired he looked in the second half.

Reaction Score
does Jackson get credit for a rebound on his intentionally missed free throw? It bounced right to him before anyone else reacted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom