View from Row 2 (Part 2, second EX game) | The Boneyard

View from Row 2 (Part 2, second EX game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FUNNIEST MOMENT OF THE EVENING: They have a game on the Jumbotron, or whatever the heck it is called, which shows the tops of some African drums and then superimposes pans on various fans who are then expected to notice their pic and begin to pound on the drums. Tonight, the last pan was on Geno and CD.....Geno had no clue that he was on the Tron; CD was trying to explain to him what was happening, even providing drumming gestures; this went on for quite awhile and G never did really "get it." Crowd was going increasing ballistic with laughter. I think this will rank right up there with the Dolson imitation of Geno doing his "light" dance.

WORST NEWS: There was more dribbling by some of our kids than I saw in the West Chester game; I was ecstatic after that game with the way the ball was zipping around, with no one hogging it. Tonight, NURSE seemed a little more like Hartley with the ball in her possession, and a little less like Jefferson.....boink, boink , boink.
Also, Seemed to be more sloppy play in general on our part than witnessed in the first EX game; maybe playing a diminutive team on the heels of an 89 point win will do that to you (how many of us will ever know from personal experience?), but I don't think this was a good think, and I doubt that Coach will.
And, the frosh were not all that impressive to me. Nurse still looks solid, but she seemed make more mistakes than in first game: too much dribbling vs. zinging passes, some turnovers, perhaps forcing her shot more. EKMARK still looks slow and not that athletic despite her intensive year dedicated to improving her game. She shot a LITTLE better tonight, and tried to do a few more things (a semblance of a cut here or there and a meaningful pass here or there) , but does not seem to move well without (or with ) the ball......seems to try on D but can't stay with her man. Seems to look too much for her own shot, and not just from three. By the way, I am very much in her corner and think she is a fine young woman....just telling it like I see it. EDWARDS again kind of a "few hits, few runs, few errors" sort of an appearance. WILLIAMS sort of "sour" in bench demeanor, aggressive (in a good way) on the court, missed some bunnies and foul shots, skied very impressively as usual.

BEST NEWS: TUCK tremendous: variety of shots, making almost everything (mostly in close), aggressive and effective around the hoops, leading/instructing the younger kids, rebounding very impressively.....as I think I noted last week, she seems primed for a HUGE year and in terrific condition. Perhaps our best player tonight. Though STEWART was also impressive as usual....a little sloppy with the ball (I think she is yearning for some stiffer competition)....shot VERY well from a variety of positions. LEWIS shot very well and with some variety; perhaps not as impressive on the boards as last time. STOKES huge on boards and blocks, although the opponents were rather short......missed shots and made shots.....reminded me once of Charles "padding the rebound stats by following up own misses."

MEDIOCRE NEWS: Chong some nice plus and some minus. Jefferson very good but prob not as good as last outing, when she was phenomenol.....like Stewart, might be wanting better competition.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: how unbelievably impressive the Yarders were at Section 119. (I say "unbelievable" because you should not believe that there were impressive....a bunch of slugs )

Reaction Score
Just inside for lunch here and see that the good Altavilla article (in the Horde links) has a good grin-producing picture (#11 in the series of photos) of the Geno and CD drum scene I was attempting to describe at top of post. As in unfolded in real life, the camera showed Geno with what seemed to be series of "huh...what...me....where...who....why" moments in response to CD efforts to convey to him that he was on the screen.......hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET
Top Bottom