Video UConn Top 5 Plays - Oklahoma | The Boneyard

Video UConn Top 5 Plays - Oklahoma

Reaction Score
A few things led to Olivia having a monster game.
Her size advantage was huge, but she also used it well.
Olivia was also given uncharacteristic freedom to block and move without fouls being called. Overall the players were allowed to play- nice but uncommon.
A confidence builder for certain. But I also think we are privileged to watch the unfurling of a future basketball superstar.
What think you?

Reaction Score
when was the last time you saw a player follow up a foul shot? great to see players "moving without the ball" today. not something many UConn players have shown over the years. a special skill, one that I think is a very valuable part of Napheesa's game. hard to teach.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That was an amazing feed for ONO.

Picking nits, BUT - while I appreciate the videos from UConn, the fact there's no slo-mo version/replay of ALL of them is silly.

Reaction Score
I watched this play several times after the game was uploaded and thought that it was a #1 play.
A clean, no-foul block by Olivia that kept the ball in play, quick hands by Anna and rapid movement of the ball up the floor, a hand-off to Molly, who could see the entire floor. Molly delivers a beautiful pass through congestion to Olivia so she didn't have to make any adjustments at all in order to finish what she started at the other end.
About 8-1/2 seconds of UConn Team play. Nice work by all.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really loved that underhanded feed by Meg from the top of the key into Liv on the Post where Liv had established a good seal. What a brilliant low skimming angle where only liv's long reach could get to it. I imagine that was practiced a few times.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I really loved that underhanded feed from the top of the key into Liv on the Post where Liv had established a good seal. What a brilliant low skimming angle where only liv's long reach could get to it. I imagine that was practiced a few times.
A standard drill when developing bigs is to throw them low hard passes. bounce them a couple of feet either side with velocity. sometimes done with someone pushing the big.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A standard drill when developing bigs is to throw them low hard passes. bounce them a couple of feet either side with velocity. sometimes done with someone pushing the big.

But pretty rare to see in a game and executed so well.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
But pretty rare to see in a game and executed so well.
You, apparently are one of the few astute enough to notice the difficulty of the catch. I don't think most fans can appreciate how difficult that is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom