Video - Katie Lou Samuelson | The Boneyard

Video - Katie Lou Samuelson

Reaction Score
These robo voices drive me crazy........Geno....who?? Gawd.....Head bang

HGN

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it is OK to laugh at that or not.

Would somebody PLEASE tell me if it is socially acceptable to laugh at that comment or not?!?! Head bang
If one is not sure don't do it.....Err on the side of caution.

HGN

Reaction Score
I watched the clip and the one noticeable thing is Lou is a little more muscular in her arms and shoulders than she was in her HS senior year. A result of Husky training and conditioning.

Reaction Score
I lasted through three seconds of audio before shutting the whole thing down. Why do people create these? Do you know how easy it is to do a simple voiceover for a piece of video? Sheesh.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did you catch the line about "her sisters, Bonnie and Curly"?
I guess that's better than Bonnie and Clyde. ;)

TOC.jpg

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I lasted through three seconds of audio before shutting the whole thing down. Why do people create these? Do you know how easy it is to do a simple voiceover for a piece of video? Sheesh.

Rather awful, isn't it?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is that Stephen Hawking narrating?:rolleyes:

Pretty knowledgeable for an English theoretical cosmologist.
Sounds more like Siri and Bliri.

Reaction Score
I remember our family's first TV. 10 inch screen. Black and white. Poor resolution. Absolutely horrible television by today's standards.

I remember the IBM XT. 10 MB hard drive (IBM execs said they couldn't imagine anyone every filling up 10 megs of data). DOS operating system. Absolutely horrible personal computer by today's standards.

A journey of ten-thousand miles starts with a single step. I was pretty impressed by the improvements in voice synthenization (sp?) of the video.

Reaction Score
I remember our family's first TV. 10 inch screen. Black and white. Poor resolution. Absolutely horrible television by today's standards.

I remember the IBM XT. 10 MB hard drive (IBM execs said they couldn't imagine anyone every filling up 10 megs of data). DOS operating system. Absolutely horrible personal computer by today's standards.

A journey of ten-thousand miles starts with a single step. I was pretty impressed by the improvements in voice synthenization (sp?) of the video.
Yes, and I was one of those who said no one would ever pay all that dough to put a computer in their house. Goes to show what I know, yes? But I'm not talking about the video as a demonstration of the progress we as a society have made with digitized audio. I was commenting on it as a vehicle to communicate messages, which is, I assume, what it was created to do. I found --and it may have been just me -- that the video had problems not only with the fact that the audio was not very "life-like," but significant problems in volume modulation as well.

Anyway, if a significant number of potential listeners turn it off, as I did, because it's too damn much trouble to try to figure out what the computer is saying, it may succeed as an example of technology while failing as a message.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Our second TV was a portable by Hotpoint in turquoise and white. Straight out of Leave It to Beaver. Or the Smithsonian. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Our second TV was a portable by Hotpoint in turquoise and white. Straight out of Leave It to Beaver. Or the Smithsonian. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg
And it probably cost more than a 60 inch Ultra Hi Def at Costco right now. :D

Our first TV started out as a 10 inch floor model. After a couple of years, my dad got my uncle, who worked at GE, to bring home a 12 inch picture tube. About half an hour with a coping saw and viola! We had a 12 inch TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom