Video Breakdown: Profiling the Creighton Blue Jays | The Boneyard

Video Breakdown: Profiling the Creighton Blue Jays

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Good evening everyone,

Wanted to share the video preview ahead of tomorrows match-up against the Blue Jays.

I did a quick profile on Kaluma, Alexander and Kalkbrenner.

Kaluma is going to be another tough match-up for Karaban (I’d personally like to see Jackson on him and Karaban on Baylor S.). Kaluma is a good driving PF who creates a ton of contact but also has NBA range on his 3 ball.

Alexander is their X factor who can do a lot of different things on offense. Hit the 3 (44.8%), drive to the hoop (81% FT) and is great at feeding the post.

Kalkbrenner is shooting an insane 76% from the floor, can run rim to rim in transition and blocks almost 2 shots per game.

Also I take a quick look into how Creighton’s defense has put the clamps on us the past 4 times out by taking away our best shooting weapons and forcing Sanogo to play further away from the hoop than he would like.

Anyways, here it is! Thanks as always for watching. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Karaban on Scheierman. Jackson on Kaluma. Newton on Nembhard. Hawkins on Alexander. Sanogo/Clingan on Kalkbrenner.

Matchup much better than Providence since we have a better place to put Karaban and Kaluma isn't totally a back to basket guy (he worked on it this year, but I'll take my chances with Jackson holding his own).

Reaction Score
Karaban on Scheierman. Jackson on Kaluma. Newton on Nembhard. Hawkins on Alexander. Sanogo/Clingan on Kalkbrenner.

Matchup much better than Providence since we have a better place to put Karaban and Kaluma isn't totally a back to basket guy (he worked on it this year, but I'll take my chances with Jackson holding his own).
That is how I would match them up as well. If AJax can get Kaluma to dribble around that will help UConn. When Kaluma dribbles more than 4 times it usually winds up being a bad possession for Creighton-I have watched a lot of Creighton this year.

I wish UConn had some someone that could dribble and use the pick and roll well. Cole did this a lot involving Kalkbrenner since he almost always plays drop coverage-he hates being out on the perimeter when he is on defense. I am thinking using Hawkins off ball to curl off of Sanogo screens can be profitable.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Yup, I hope (and think) these will be the assignments we see...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom