Victor Rosa...why UConn may have a leg up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Victor Rosa...why UConn may have a leg up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many guys did we have signed by this time last year and what were their ratings?
Let’s give the staff some credit for not being in denial that recruiting could be dramatically better and then doing something about it — “The Recruiting Pivot”.
Chief for one, is proud of various members of the staff. I admit, Chief had no idea the positive impact Corey Edsall would have to help his dad bridge generations. My daughter just got me one of those back of the cell phone pockets, which is now my wallet. I love it - in addition to some old school cash in my pocket. So Chief understands the dynamics of what happened here. Someone else may not have gotten me to make that change.
As far as synergies and taking best practices from basketball or others. Why not? We would be crazy not to do that. Too many here or overly concerned about who gets the credit - that’s not nearly as important as the fact that successful changes were made. Let’s celebrate and built on that.
@Chief00 Without revealing your numerous sources, would you expound on the elements of the 'pivot' you speak of? TIA

Reaction Score
@Chief00 Without revealing your numerous sources, would you expound on the elements of the 'pivot' you speak of? TIA
I think I have in a previous post in another thread. I will try to find it when I have some time and send you a DM link. . The term “Pivot” is mine to capture the change in mindset and tactical changes by the staff that accompany that. Again, the staff gets all the credit with the players. The cross recruiting with basketball was great to see with Rosa. True, to some extent an unique situation but I bet when it’s there it will be used now going forward. I think we now realize too what some may consider as body bag games with big name schools is an important positive impression by a recruit when he hears about future schedules.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Friends Lol GIF by HBO Max

Reaction Score
Ode to a Pivot

duality requires polarity
needing pause of interchange
void the pivot enabling continuity
life stirrings both familiar and strange

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Pivot, Dam Break, The Grind, Playing Chess over Checkers.

All well known terms you will read on the back cover of self help books. At least you're trying.

Reaction Score
Pivot, Dam Break, The Grind, Playing Chess over Checkers.

All well known terms you will read on the back cover of self help books. At least you're trying.
You forgot “Casual Fan”.

Reaction Score

Corey definitely deserves some victory laps.
One thing about Corey, is that he is a player centric coach. True, he sets the general culture guidelines for his squad but within that framework the players feel valued and important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg