VERY worried about Houston | The Boneyard

VERY worried about Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the way were playing I can't see us beating any average team right now, but even if we were playing well this game at Houston wouldn't be a cake walk in the slightest.

Naturally haven't been keeping up with them, but it looks like they are predominantly lead by good guard play, minus Devonta Pollard who should give us a little trouble down low. Guy named Rob Gray Jr. leading the way for them with 18 pts a game. Our losses have mainly come from teams with solid guard play....

This team is undefeated at home, has already beat a solid LSU team in OT earlier in the year, and handedly beat a team we couldn't in Temple by 27 points.

Lets put bias' aside and I want some predictions for a score, and I also want a surprise performance from one of our guys.

I say we're going to come up short and lose 66-60, with Omar coming off the bench for double digits.

Reaction Score
So the way were playing I can't see us beating any average team right now, but even if we were playing well this game at Houston wouldn't be a cake walk in the slightest.

Naturally haven't been keeping up with them, but it looks like they are predominantly lead by good guard play, minus Devonta Pollard who should give us a little trouble down low. Guy named Rob Gray Jr. leading the way for them with 18 pts a game. Our losses have mainly come from teams with solid guard play....

This team is undefeated at home, has already beat a solid LSU team in OT earlier in the year, and handedly beat a team we couldn't in Temple by 27 points.

Lets put bias' aside and I want some predictions for a score, and I also want a surprise performance from one of our guys.

I say we're going to come up short and lose 66-60, with Omar coming off the bench for double digits.
I expect to lose, that's how bad it's gotten.

Reaction Score
No idea what to expect but we seem to play better on the road except for the last 10 minutes of the Tulsa game. Though I expect us to lose. We should be worried with everyone the way we are playing now. No game is a gimme especially on the road.

Reaction Score
I would be worried about us if we played a local high school team right now.

H

huskymagic

We have struggled with Houston last couple of years even when Napier was here. This is what has become of UCONN under Ollie discussing RPI rankings weekly and predicting point spreads annually on losses to Temple, Tulsa and Houston. I think Ollie needs a wake up call in the gut similar to what Daniels got from Calhoun for playing so horrible his freshman year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm very worried about Houston & expect to lose. But I can't pick them.

UConn by 8. Return of the DHam.

Reaction Score
Against my better judgment, I'll predict a win, by 10. However, I'll also predict an immediate loss within a game or two after. The team and coaching staff cannot sustain any consistent effort/play... Coaching staff and team might need to completely hit rock bottom before things change... Sadly, I'm 1 Houston loss away from tuning out for the year. It's just a lot easier to ignore than to get my hopes up and have them dashed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Right now I have no idea what kind of effort or lack thereof that this UConn team will produce.
I am thinking it will be a tie game at regulation, go into OT and last until 10 OTs with both teams losing all the players via fouls
It'll come down to a foul shooting contest between the two head coaches and the result will be.........................

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm calling it right now, for the first time ever, we will see a near packed house against Houston Sunday. They are coming fresh off a fantastic football season, and their fanbase is slowly getting a taste for winning and they have shown promise in bball this year and we are the premier name in this conference. Expect a real crowd, as opposed to our previous games which were empty, and which we still lost.

Reaction Score
This is a huge swing game for the season lose and we are NIT bound win and were right into the thick of the AAC and right outside the top 25 possibly as the top 25 overall is pretty weak.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
there's not a game I don't worry about, my confidence has been stripped from me, I'm a little fish in a big pond, I don't know what to expect, my faith is being tested

please God, show me the way, I'm at your mercy, you win, I'm sorry

Reaction Score
This is a huge swing game for the season lose and we are NIT bound win and were right into the thick of the AAC and right outside the top 25 possibly as the top 25 overall is pretty weak.

Why do you think we are NIT bound if we loose? You realize you have to be a pretty good team for the NIT? I'm not joking. It is likely if we continue down the path of .500 ball with terrible RPI losses there is no post season tourney for this team. People keep saying NIT but that would be ambitious right now, IMO.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. We fans should be worried.
2. Helluva week if we lose to Heath and Sampson the same week. The stench of slime is unmistakable.

Reaction Score
This Tulsa/ Houston swing is brutal travel wise. I thought we'd beat Tulsa but fizzle out against Houston. Now we are steering at 1 and 3 in conference play. This is definitely a gut check game. I'm not giving up on our boys so I'll say 73 - 68 UConn. (but I'm not sure if I really believe that)

Reaction Score
I've never predicted a UConn loss but I'm expecting us to not only lose but get blown out by 15-20 points

Reaction Score

Marlon Brando the godfather slapping Johnny in the face "you can be a man!"

Reaction Score
Why do you think we are NIT bound if we loose? You realize you have to be a pretty good team for the NIT? I'm not joking. It is likely if we continue down the path of .500 ball with terrible RPI losses there is no post season tourney for this team. People keep saying NIT but that would be ambitious right now, IMO.

You know what I meant, so we were pretty good last year then is that what your saying? I guess you and I have different standards on the word pretty good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We have struggled with Houston last couple of years even when Napier was here. This is what has become of UCONN under Ollie discussing RPI rankings weekly and predicting point spreads annually on losses to Temple, Tulsa and Houston. I think Ollie needs a wake up call in the gut similar to what Daniels got from Calhoun for playing so horrible his freshman year.

This is what has become of UCONN in the AAC.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This Tulsa/ Houston swing is brutal travel wise. I thought we'd beat Tulsa but fizzle out against Houston. Now we are steering at 1 and 3 in conference play. This is definitely a gut check game. I'm not giving up on our boys so I'll say 73 - 68 UConn. (but I'm not sure if I really believe that)
They're 2-2 in conference.

Reaction Score
There's no way we're beating Houston. But when we do. Sweeeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom