Very sweet article about Paige in the NC State game | The Boneyard

Very sweet article about Paige in the NC State game

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe this is the article the OP was describing

In the far room of the restaurant, the floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall pull-down screen had been set up in expectation for an overflow of fans who’d want to see their hometown favorite. But the servers and staff still weren’t expecting quite this level of turnout.

The room with the mega-screen, which usually holds a handful of tables meant for six people, was jam-packed — shoulder-to-shoulder, standing room only even before the game began. From tipoff until the end of double overtime, the patrons rode the wave of energy from the game. As the fourth quarter hit and Bueckers began to get hot, the crowd grew louder and louder until finally, in overtime, it erupted into a pandemonium of celebration for Bueckers. Every time Bueckers touched the ball, the crowd roared, “Paige Buckets. Paige Buckets.”

“You’re nervous, but I’d seen it 1,000 times over the course of her life,” says Brian Cosgriff, Bueckers’ former coach at Hopkins, who was at Mainstreet for the viewing. “She was going to take that thing over and win the game. She just was. And she did.”

Reaction Score
Maybe it was edited after, but I just clicked on the link the OP posted, no problem. Great article, thanks!

Reaction Score
Maybe it was edited after, but I just clicked on the link the OP posted, no problem. Great article, thanks!
Me too - just click on the "archive.ph" link. No paywall.

Excellent article, really enjoyed the recounting of the NC State game from this perspective. And a great moment at the very end that may bring tears to your eyes (it did to mine). Thank you for posting it!

Reaction Score
The link works. It's a bleacher report article. I don't pay for it so I don't think there is any paywall.

Reaction Score
Nice BR piece from Jackie Powell. Almost excuses her grating, rambling, presser pseudo-questions invariably beginning with “I’m curious…”. Almost, but not quite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom