VERY OT: Southington H.S. Another Day, Another Championship... | The Boneyard

VERY OT: Southington H.S. Another Day, Another Championship...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lady Knights win their 3rd Consecutive Class LL Softball Championship & complete their 2nd consecutive undefeated season. Coach Davina Hernandez (1st cousin of D.J. & infamous Aaron) is undefeated in her 2 year tenure as Girl's Softball Head Coach.
Couple this with the football team winning their own State Championship & the overall success if their athletic teams, this has been quite the athletic year Flanders & Pleasant St.s.
Congratulations Ladies & Coach!

(Dare I say that Coach Davina may be under the watchful eye of various college A.D.'s as a future hire?)

Reaction Score
All things Hernandez reflect on UCONN!

(But seriously he did say very OT)

Reaction Score
I thought it was interesting that rivals Darien and New Canaan both won State Championships in LaCrosse for both Boys and Girls. Not huge surprises but pretty cool. Hey it's the off season!

Reaction Score
I guess an that extra 800 kids that Southington crams into that building is worth that one extra one run, argh, sincerely, the neighbors to the south.

Reaction Score
I guess an that extra 800 kids that Southington crams into that building is worth that one extra one run, argh, sincerely, the neighbors to the south.
Hmm. Jealousy, the green eyed monster, makes an appearance?

Reaction Score
Hmm. Jealousy, the green eyed monster, makes an appearance?

Strangely enough, I have no negative feelings towards Southington. When I was at CHS, we never played them in any sport as we were in the Housy and Southington was in whatever preceded to CCC that and CHS was class L back in the day and Southington has always been LL. Any such rivalry that is in place now between the two schools is primarily football driven because CHS stopped playing North Haven for Thanksgiving when the Housy was merged into the SCC in the late '90's. The Rams owned the turkey day game at first and Southington has been on top lately for the most part with the winner usually going off to the state playoffs and winning quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom