Very OT: NFL Undefeated Teams | The Boneyard

Very OT: NFL Undefeated Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone paying attention to the NFL standings?

I've been around awhile but I can't recall 3 undefeated teams (was 4 last Sunday). Pats looking good, play the 1st place Giants this weekend. But in that division Cincy is looking good as well.

On the other side there is Carolina undefeated. Shout out to Denver as well who play the Pats this month.

So does anyone know who the pretenders (I know there are a lot of Pats fans here) are among this group?

Consequently I'm starting to watch the NFL more, at least until our season starts. Some good stuff going on.

Reaction Score
Here's a feel good story about Cam and this weekend (not the banner incident). Amazing how this worked out or is it Divine intervention?

Linky

Reaction Score
I've been forced to watch a lot of Panthers football this year, they are legit. Even though they don't have great receivers they get the job done (plus their second round pick Funchess is coming on lately at WR), and their defense can flat out play on all three levels. Cam looks like a complete quarterback and is making good decisions with the ball. They just beat the Packers this past weekend, and most of the game they were beating them pretty handily. I'm a Giants fan, but I'd be dishonest if I said I didn't think Carolina has a great chance to win the NFC this year.

The Patriots are on another level. It doesn't feel like they've had a real test this year or had to pull out any close wins. It will be interesting to see them play Denver, should be a nice test to see how they stack up (likely just how much better they are than Denver).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've been forced to watch a lot of Panthers football this year, they are legit. Even though they don't have great receivers they get the job done (plus their second round pick Funchess is coming on lately at WR), and their defense can flat out play on all three levels. Cam looks like a complete quarterback and is making good decisions with the ball. They just beat the Packers this past weekend, and most of the game they were beating them pretty handily. I'm a Giants fan, but I'd be dishonest if I said I didn't think Carolina has a great chance to win the NFC this year.

The Patriots are on another level. It doesn't feel like they've had a real test this year or had to pull out any close wins. It will be interesting to see them play Denver, should be a nice test to see how they stack up (likely just how much better they are than Denver).

I think the Panthers defense is phenomenal. Newton is very dangerous on his own. I will say, RE the Packers, that I also think Green Bay was overrated.

The Patriots, while playing well, are decimated by injuries. Some might say that bodes well for when everyone comes back. But that assumes everyone will be back to healthy. They are already down two key cogs on O, LT Solder and dynamic RB Lewis. I'm just wondering how long they can keep rolling before the ship starts leaking.

On the plus side, their defense is sneaky good. Surprising given the defections from last year, but they drafted well, got the right free agents, and everyone else developed. They are very thin at corner back though. One injury would shoot them in the foot.

Giants game will be interesting. The only coach that worries me in the NFL is Coughlin, and not just because of the 2 SB wins. He and BB are cut from the same cloth, dour, disciplinarians who manage to motivate and coach their teams to play tough football. I just don't think the Giants have the D this year, given the Patriots offense.

Speaking of the Pats offense, as an aside, a most interesting fact: The Patriots offense does not have ONE 1st round draft pick currently playing on it. And yet they are one of, if not, the best in the league. That is shocking. Just insane. Solder was the only one before he got put on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom