• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

Very OT: French Fry Test

August_West

Choose wisely.
Same here, which surprised me. Even more surprising is that I should have had nine right but I second-guessed myself at the last second on number six and switched from the correct answer to an incorrect one.

Back porch tomorrow evening, early 6:30-10 ... stain is coming!

Curiouser
Love that place now, they have a weekend regular now for the most part. AW's kind of place huh? AW have you played there?

When you guys going to the Mist?
Yup. a couple times. Its way too fricking hot in there, fun place though.. And paddy's and windjammer and Knickerbocker (played knickerbocker recently)
Yeah, it smells like a monkey house, but it's fun and their crab benny and bloodys are tremendous.

We'll be up there in a few weeks. Just checked the schedule for when we are there and I am very psyched to see that Kung Fu is there on our last night, Friday 7/21. Will definitely try to hit that. Bummed that G. Love is there the next night; would have loved to see him.

Yeah, it smells like a monkey house, but it's fun and their crab benny and bloodys are tremendous.

We'll be up there in a few weeks. Just checked the schedule for when we are there and I am very psyched to see that Kung is there on our last night, Friday 7/21. Will definitely try to hit that. Bummed that G. Love is there the next night; would have loved to see him.
Let me know as I said before and we will make it happen for sure - The Mist and The Pub! Kung is pretty decent - what do they play? Many of the bands are not in my sweet spot of music I must admit.

Will have a couple/few!

Curiouser
Let me know as I said before and we will make it happen for sure - The Mist and The Pub! Kung is pretty decent - what do they play? Many of the bands are not in my sweet spot of music I must admit.

Will have a couple/few!
Kung [sounds like "foo" but can't be posted ] is funk/fusion/jam. They are local here and I have been hearing good things about them from a lot of friends with tastes similar to mine for at least a few years but I have yet to see them live and I want to. I will definitely shoot you a PM to exchange contact info as it approaches so we can connect for a pop or three.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
7 out of 10 for me. Not bad.

Real talk though: I wish there was a Whataburger nearby. So good.

David 76

Forty years a fan
7 of 10. Not bad seeing I haven't eaten at half the places.

I'd love to see AW play. Mind giving a head's in the future?.

Stair, you are missed!

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
I went to McDonald's tonight for the first time in a couple of years.

The fries taste like weird grease and the "artisan grilled chicken" sandwich was the worst thing I've ever tasted. I had to stop at a rest area to throw it away because I couldn't stand having it in the car. The texture was unlike any chicken that God put on this earth and there was enough salt in one bite to ensure that future generations of my family will be inexplicably thirsty. Even the bun and the lettuce on this thing were abnormal and didn't taste like a bun or lettuce. It was really inedible.

I'll have to get August's list of Arby's locations near the Mass Pike for the ride home because McDonald's is complete garbage.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh

The fries taste like weird grease and the "artisan grilled chicken" sandwich was the worst thing I've ever tasted. I had to stop at a rest area to throw it away because I couldn't stand having it in the car. The texture was unlike any chicken that God put on this earth and there was enough salt in one bite to ensure that future generations of my family will be inexplicably thirsty. Even the bun and the lettuce on this thing were abnormal and didn't taste like a bun or lettuce. It was really inedible.

I'll have to get August's list of Arby's locations near the Mass Pike for the ride home because McDonald's is complete garbage.
Coincidentally, I ate at McD's for first time in 5-6 years on Wednesday. Was in a place where my choices were Subway or McD's and the credit card reader at Subway was down, so had no choice. Ordered the PicoGuacamole just to see what McD's interpretation of "artisan" was. Jesus, it was bad. However, the fries were better than I remembered them being last time I had them (I've not liked them for years since they dropped the beef tallow in early 90s).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
4 of 10. I'll wear that like a badge.

I pretty much only eat Wendy's and Five Guys when it comes to fast food burgers and I got the Wendy's wrong, lol. I'm guessing that's because they undercook the fries here in Pgh.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball

It sucks that they got rid of Popeyes on the Mass Pike. Not that I drive it much anymore, or stop, but when I used to every day that Popeyes was solid.

I had a similar experience. Was travelling, stopped off at a rest stop and tried to get the healthiest thing they had. Some grilled chicken wrap. Spit out the one bite I took. It was like taking a bite out of a stress ball.

I was going to say that I never see Arby's in Massachusetts. Then I looked it up and there are only 3. Two are off the Mass. Pike, Auburn and Chicopee.

406 Southbridge St., Auburn, MA (near Worcester)
1483 Granby Rd., Chicopee, MA (near Springfield)

Good luck to you and your arteries.

August_West

Choose wisely.

There is an Arby's anda Chick Fil-A in Chicopee right off the pike. That is about the best you can do. Massachussetts very lacking in Arby's.

I recommend getting the spicy chicken at Chick Fil A , then going to arbys ordering a Smoke mountain and adding the Chicken to it.

August_West

Choose wisely.
7 of 10. Not bad seeing I haven't eaten at half the places.

I'd love to see AW play. Mind giving a head's in the future?.

Stair, you are missed!
Tommorrow in Manchester.
7/8 - in New haven
7/22 - Norwich
7/23 Old Saybrook (same place as last night) Sunday afternoon 3-7 on the water. free
7/28 Manchester
7/29 New Britain
8/4 Bridgeport (black rock)
8/5 Albany NY
8/12 - Burlington VT
8/17 - Old Saybrook
8/19 - Bridgeport
8/25 - Middletown
8/26 - East Haddam (with my friends from Kung foo who has been mentioned here. Insane band. )

thats the rest of summer, there is your heads up :)