Very OT: Magazine Subscriptions | The Boneyard

Very OT: Magazine Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been getting Entrepreneur Magazine and a couple others for more than 4 years now. I only paid for a one year subscription. I was wondering am I the exception or have others been getting free extended magazines.

The other thing is that are the any magazines worth subscribing to, that people know of. I don't mind paying one year for multiple year deliveries. I really don't care why their records are out of whack, or the reasoning behind it. I just like free stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My brother hasn't paid for ESPN for years.

Reaction Score
I have been getting Entrepreneur Magazine and a couple others for more than 4 years now. I only paid for a one year subscription. I was wondering am I the exception or have others been getting free extended magazines.

Are you sure you haven't been charged? Sometimes these subscription "specials" include automatic renewal unless you change that and you never realize you get renewed and re-charged.

Reaction Score
I started getting Rolling Stone magazine a few years ago for some reason, it took me a while to start reading it. Every issue is a good read. Even if I don't agree with their left slant or don't know half the music artists any more I enjoy it. I just got a last issue renewal notice and will re-up.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I know that professional offices get magazines for free. I think they do it to maintain readership numbers.

Reaction Score
Have some inside info, that yes indeed magazines make most of their bucks on the ad space on the magazine pages. If their circulation reduces significantly, suddenly their ad money dwindles. There are rules that they can still serve former paying subscribers who no longer pay up to a limit which I believe is 6 months or less, otherwise they are calling it a paid subscription even though it isn't.

There's a chance if you were a paid subscriber and lapsed when their numbers were dwindling, that they converted you to a non-paid subscriber just to keep the numbers up, or like I said, they're pretending you're still a paying subscriber just to keep the illusion of high circulation up. With magazines failing in a more and more digital media world, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes rare for a magazine to actually stop sending you the issues after you stop paying.

To be honest, I'd make sure you arent still getting charged though, magazine companies are the worst with that. My SI subscription recently lapsed, for months they'd send my mag with the cover on it warning of the stop of service, and then of course it came and went with them continuing to send it to me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I got a letter from American Airlines last week telling me to use miles or lose miles. It came with a suggested list of magazines I could use to keep my account active.

I decided on one of the golf magazines and a financial magazine. It's probably been at least a decade since I paid for magazines. The only ones I ever get are magazines that came with professional dues or stuff like that.

Reaction Score
I recently kickstarted and subscribed to a retro video gaming magazine just for the nostalgia of reading a video gaming magazine like a kid with a Nintendo Power in 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom