VERY Early Bowl Projections: UCONN vs Syracuse - Military Bowl, Annapolis MD | The Boneyard

VERY Early Bowl Projections: UCONN vs Syracuse - Military Bowl, Annapolis MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OOOOO!!!! That would be a nice end to the season.

Syracuse fans would be sh----ting their pants. Lose to UCONN in a bowl game?

Syracuse media contingent would be having emergency closed door meetings daily for the entire month of December leading up to that game preparing daily anti-UCONN stories for their respective outlets.

Honestly though, I can't look that far ahead. It's fun, but I just want to see the team play balls to the wall, smart, disciplined football from start to finish in each game. I can accept the results of 2014 season, whatever they may be, as long as we get back to playing 12 games of what UCONN football used to be.

My feeling, is that we have the players and ability to be in a post season game, and compete, and if we do play football well, they will be there at the end, but they got to prove it before I can start even considering getting excited about a post season game.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bowls are good. That bowl isn't a bad location for us.

If the assumption is we win, I'd like to beat someone more prestigious, say Georgia Tech.

Burns, doesn't it?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
After three depressing seasons, it's wonderfully encouraging that someone predicts we will play in a bowl this year. And against the moldy orange fruit, no less. Bring it on!

Exactly what I was thinking. 3 wins and a coaching change usually don't translate into a bowl eligible season the following year. Traditional thinking would say that this is a rebuilding year with players that have to learn new schemes resulting in treading water or slight improvement.

But....it looks like it isn't just UConn fans who have had a dose of Vitamin Diaco. BD seems to have the street cred that before he even coaches a game, writers think he will at least double UConn's win total from last year (I know an easier schedule helps). I have been wary of the Bob-gasms on here, but seeing non-partisan belief in UConn's progress gives me hope that this season will be better than a typical transition year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
After three depressing seasons, it's wonderfully encouraging that someone predicts we will play in a bowl this year. And against the moldy orange fruit, no less. Bring it on!

Hence why I put it here. If there are casual fans on the fence about getting tickets but haven't pulled the trigger because they think we are in for a 2 win season, well here's someone who thinks we can get to a bowl game. The more people who predict a bowl game for UCONN, the better it is. I want the Rent PACKED and if we get to a bowl game, I want 20K at that place (at least).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bowls are good. That bowl isn't a bad location for us.

If the assumption is we win, I'd like to beat someone more prestigious, say Georgia Tech.

Burns, doesn't it?

Or we can play New England's second best team...UMass. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom