Versatility will be hallmark of UConn defense (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Versatility will be hallmark of UConn defense (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I asked Diaco if it was a fair assessment that players like Stewart and Reuben Frank will be required to learn more one position. At first he hesitated before responding with "I an going to say yes. For me to minimize the fact that you need to be able to see, move and fundamentally do your work from the two-point (stance) and also the three-point (stance) and that is like nothing, no that is definitely something."

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/08/versatility-will-be-hallmark-of-uconn.html

Reaction Score
In like this a lot. A varied scheme can help compensate for talent issues. Weaknesses can be hid. And running varies fronts, blitzes confuses the heck out of an opponents O Line and can disrupt timing.

If the pash rush can be solved (and I really believe it can be solved with the 3-4), I like the D.

Reaction Score
Good to mix it up. Last year blitzes were too infrequent and when they did blitz they were obvious to everyone in the stands not alone the other team.

Reaction Score
We are also talking about a guy who's defensive schemes earned him the Broyles award compared to a guy who's schemes earned him a "demotion" under Edsall and schemes that were pretty bad last yr under P.

Reaction Score
Least favorite quote from last year - forget which game from GDL - might have been Towson - "defensive line was mixing things up and we didn't react" or so sort of bull shiite like that. Maybe we can repay the favor

Reaction Score
Least favorite quote from last year - forget which game from GDL - might have been Towson - "defensive line was mixing things up and we didn't react" or so sort of bull shiite like that. Maybe we can repay the favor

Speaking of Towson, thought you would like to see a miracle involving a Towson player (Gavin Class) who almost died last year from heat trauma. My friend's son in law is the head trainer and the staff took action steps to save his life! I remember how hot those summer practices used to be!

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fe...r-full-recovery-coma-30495.shtml#.U-EBiPldW8A

Reaction Score
I was talking to Coach Poindexter about how good I thought Jeffersson Ashiru was and he said he wished he hit people like Graham Stewart. If he stays healthy I believe he will be a beast this year.
Yesterday's comment about Graham Stewart by Diaco:

"Our system that we've built facilitates one of those players [on the outside] being that guy that can do both jobs, that's why we don't have to sub to get out of defenses that look like sub defenses," He continued, "Graham [Stewart] will even afford more opportunity on this. He's not necessarily, for us, the prototypical outside backer. He plays longer and bigger because he's strong and powerful and tough and rugged but he moves as quick and with change of direction as a safety...you need to be able to see and move and fundamentally do your work from a two-point [stance] and also a three-point to say that's just nothing no that's definitely something."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom