Versatile DeLorenzo ready to contribute during final season at UConn (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Versatile DeLorenzo ready to contribute during final season at UConn (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/versatile-delorenzo-ready-to-contribute.html

>>DeLorenzo has caught a total of 14 passes in three seasons at UConn but it is a part of his game that is has a lot of confidence in.

"That is one of my strengths. In (Berlin) high school I was good with my hands, came into high school with good hands but now I am finally getting utilized as a receiver, in the slot and I love it," DeLorenzo said. "I love being versatile and consistent with everything I do whether that is fullback, tailback, slot, wideout or whatever."

At the first practice the media was allowed in to watch, offensive coordinator and running backs coach Frank Verducci could be heard saying to DeLorenzo "I've never seen you catch the ball better."<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I just don't see how Delorenzo gets in much beyond 3rd and long for a pass protection upgrade over Ron Johnson. Maybe of he's in a fullback or h back type of role? Personally never been much of a delorenzo fan but I hope he has a good year

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/versatile-delorenzo-ready-to-contribute.html

>>DeLorenzo has caught a total of 14 passes in three seasons at UConn but it is a part of his game that is has a lot of confidence in.

"That is one of my strengths. In (Berlin) high school I was good with my hands, came into high school with good hands but now I am finally getting utilized as a receiver, in the slot and I love it," DeLorenzo said. "I love being versatile and consistent with everything I do whether that is fullback, tailback, slot, wideout or whatever."

At the first practice the media was allowed in to watch, offensive coordinator and running backs coach Frank Verducci could be heard saying to DeLorenzo "I've never seen you catch the ball better."<<

Wow...an OC giving encouragement to a player. What a concept. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
hey, DeLorenzo in the slot...I like it.

Versatility is good. If he can catch, all the better!

Reaction Score
if we can vary our offense we can keep defenses honest. Burn them if they stack the box on every play.

Reaction Score
The rhetoric out of players/the team this year is the thing that makes me the most confident about my post in the win prediction thread. It is light years different than the year prior. I'm well aware that one 12 yard pas to max on the sideline does not make a season, but if you were to read comments from him or others a year ago at this time, the glass wasn't even close to half full. My energy bucket is filled.

Contrast:

To a simple quote:
'The most powerful thing Diaco said Saturday is that the transition from the previous regime is over. He's not going to hide behind nutrition, strength-training or lack of discipline. "We're there," Diaco said. "This is our team. The transition is over. We are on our way. I don't know exactly where we are on the time line, but we're working to win every day. And there are wins every day.' (Jacobs)

Jacobs wrote something positive on the team. Just think about that for a sexond, then join me in blissful ignorance.

Reaction Score
DeLorenzo is probably the most versatile back we have if you throw in his blocking and catching ability. Has decent football speed and is elusive enough and tough to bring down, not a breakaway threat but has more speed than most people think. He's always produced when called on. Like to see him get more touches.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Possible 3rd down pass protection package. Put Max in the backfield as an extra blocker and allow him to leak in to the flat as a dump down option.

He has a role on the team. It isn't as a featured back, but you can put him in for 15-20 plays and get him 6-8 touches a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom