Golden State 4-1

Cleveland 8-1

San Antonio 10-1

LA Clippers 15-1

Chicago 20-1

Memphis 20-1

Washington 25-1

Miami 40-1

I just have a lot time on my hands today.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Tho it isn't very damned likely, (a snowball's chance in Hell) in my heart of hearts, I would still love to see him go back to Boston & retire as a Celtic. I thought that once they traded Rondo, it might be possible...

Reaction Score
After the way Boston fans turned on him, I can't imagine he'd want to do that.

Reaction Score
Come on Ray, Golden State, Golden state damnit!!!

If that does happen I wonder if Ray would be the first player to play with a father and son, he played with Dell on the Bucks, in fact Ray brought Dell to the 99 game vs Duke.

Reaction Score
What better way to win the Boston fans back?

He shouldn't have to "win the Boston fans back" at all. They treated him horribly when he left. He didn't spend his entire career in Boston. He spent 5 of his 18 years in the NBA in Boston. Not even a third of his career. Nothing but a class act and they threw him under the bus. Still makes me angry how some Boston fans reacted when he left.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I totally agree with you, Dove. The problem isn't with Ray...never was. Still, it must bother Ray that he gets booed everytime he goes back to the city where he helped win a world championship.

Reaction Score
Joobie said:
I totally agree with you, Dove. The problem isn't with Ray...never was. Still, it must bother Ray that he gets booed everytime he goes back to the city where he helped win a world championship.

Oh, cool, this again.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Celtics fan, but...

1. It isn't that he left, it's who he left for

2. Think of how this board reacted to Oriakhi leaving for a random SEC school. Now imagine this board if he had left for Duke, Kentucky, or Syracuse. No, Oriakhi isn't as much of a professional as Ray is, but the tolerance level for college kids should be higher. (For the record, I have no problem with Oriakhi, but I'm not sure I could say the same if he transferred to a rival program).

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn fans cared where Oriakhi transferred to, after that mess with him and his father.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Celtics fan, but...

1. It isn't that he left, it's who he left for

2. Think of how this board reacted to Oriakhi leaving for a random SEC school. Now imagine this board if he had left for Duke, Kentucky, or Syracuse. No, Oriakhi isn't as much of a professional as Ray is, but the tolerance level for college kids should be higher. (For the record, I have no problem with Oriakhi, but I'm not sure I could say the same if he transferred to a rival program).

Respect your opinion champs, but there are a ton of factors that makes those two scenarios a lot different. And I really don't want to get into it because I don't want to turn this thread into an Alex Oriakhi thread or a "is Ray Allen a bad person for going to Miami" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom