VCU officially to A-10 | The Boneyard

VCU officially to A-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The conventional wisdom was that VCU wouldn't leave since conference tournament is down the street from campus and it would forfeit some significant coin from its F4 appearance.

Further proof that the CW is often wrong.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This was a no brainer for VCU. The only more logical move would have been to hop in with the Catholics if the Big East splits this summer. By leaving the CAA now, VCU keeps that option open.

Reaction Score
This was a no brainer for VCU. The only more logical move would have been to hop in with the Catholics if the Big East splits this summer. By leaving the CAA now, VCU keeps that option open.

In addition to all of that, VCU is a basketball only member in a football league. Even if the Colonial was otherwise in as good shape as the A-Ten, which it isn't, that alone would drive it to the A-Ten.

Reaction Score

Obviously not a no brainer since G Mason didn't move.

Reaction Score
Obviously not a no brainer since G Mason didn't move.

I think most believe that Mason didn't move because they weren't invited (and tried to limit damage to itself by saying "no thank you" first). As I understand the story, the A-Ten was talking to Mason about replacing Temple with Butler/VCU/Mason and going to 16, but that when Charlotte unexpectedly left the A-Ten saw no reason to go to 15, didn't see a 4th they wanted to get to 16 so decided to only go back to 14. And Mason was the odd man out.

If Mason really said "no" they are moronic. Because the future of the Colonial is going to be driven by football and Mason doesn't have a team.

Reaction Score
I think most believe that Mason didn't move because they weren't invited (and tried to limit damage to itself by saying "no thank you" first). As I understand the story, the A-Ten was talking to Mason about replacing Temple with Butler/VCU/Mason and going to 16, but that when Charlotte unexpectedly left the A-Ten saw no reason to go to 15, didn't see a 4th they wanted to get to 16 so decided to only go back to 14. And Mason was the odd man out.

If Mason really said "no" they are moronic. Because the future of the Colonial is going to be driven by football and Mason doesn't have a team.

Which, ironically, puts Mr. Hathaway in a interesting position.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Which, ironically, puts Mr. Hathaway in a interesting position.

his first order once he gets into his office will be giving Jamal Coombs-McDaniel a piss test.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The conventional wisdom was that VCU wouldn't leave since conference tournament is down the street from campus and it would forfeit some significant coin from its F4 appearance.

Further proof that the CW is often wrong.

I don't think that was CW, just the reasons why they might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom