Vanderbilt's 6' 5" Mariella Fasoula coming to town. Our first low-post test ? | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt's 6' 5" Mariella Fasoula coming to town. Our first low-post test ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it will be interesting to see how our Post Play performs against Vanderbilt's 6' 5" Mariella Fasoula. For those who don't know her background, she is a character. Transferred from BC after a solid Freshman / Sophomore Year and Played on the 2018 FIBA Greek National Team. Also on the Lisa Leslie Award Watch list (Top 20 centers)

Vanderbilt basketball: Newcomer Mariella Fasoula of Greece hated ballet, daughter of 'Spider'

Saw the Vanderbilt - Austin Peay (99-70 Commodore win) game on SECN+ and she looked good. She has good moves but is slow and she is famous for bringing the ball down and 'scooping shots in'. Not as good a rebounder as she should be imho.

Commodores top Austin Peay for first victory - Vanderbilt University

Reaction Score
if she dominates against UConn just imagine how things might go inside against Notre Dame and Baylor

Reaction Score
if she dominates against UConn just imagine how things might go inside against Notre Dame and Baylor

If you have been watching UConn the last 2 years (playing and recruiting?) I believe Geno would prefer to play 5 interchangeable players that can play 1-4 and all shoot 3's. His plan is to outscore everyone piling up 3's to their 2's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She won't. If things get stressful, we'll put Batouly in the game.

If things go awry and get out of hand, Geno had better have a plan B that works. Fasoula is not the best post player UConn will see this year.

Reaction Score
If things go awry and get out of hand, Geno had better have a plan B that works. Fasoula is not the best post player UConn will see this year.
Doubt this will be a meaningful game or teach us much about this year's UConn team. Fasoula has some skills but she is not on a talented team; one that moves the ball well and gets it to her in the best positions. She is relatively slow and team doesn't have good offensive scheme.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Vandy lost to NCState last night. Fasoula played 33 minutes , got a double double, but was not dominant.

Reaction Score

A serious question. Do you ever have an optimistic outlook concerning the UConn wbb team ? It seems to me as though you go out of your way to worry about what may go wrong. While we (UConn fans) are concerned about various situations regarding the team, I find the posting of a negative outcome in seemingly every situation, obsessive. Is this a personality trait that manifests itself only when it comes to UConn wbb or is it your general approach to life situations ?

Reaction Score
A serious question. Do you ever have an optimistic outlook concerning the UConn wbb team ? It seems to me as though you go out of your way to worry about what may go wrong. While we (UConn fans) are concerned about various situations regarding the team, I find the posting of a negative outcome in seemingly every situation, obsessive. Is this a personality trait that manifests itself only when it comes to UConn wbb or is it your general approach to life situations ?

let me answer your question in the best way I know how.............................do you know there's a meteor currently speeding towards our planet at over 120,000 mph and that if that meteor hits the earth it might possibly lead to the end of life as we know it? Go Huskies!!!!!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Doubt this will be a meaningful game or teach us much about this year's UConn team. Fasoula has some skills but she is not on a talented team; one that moves the ball well and gets it to her in the best positions. She is relatively slow and team doesn't have good offensive scheme.

I watched part of the game last evening, and concur with your opinions. I said “IF” things get out of hand. I don’t expect them to, but as we know, sometimes things don’t go as planned. UConn should win this one by 20+.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom