Vance Jackson and something about a half Deer ,half Zebra | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson and something about a half Deer ,half Zebra

Reaction Score
Did anyone else see the snippet from Vance Jackson at half time of the Loyola , Oregon St. game . I always root for the former Huskies . I hope he gets to a Final Four.

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is Vance would probably be our 2nd or 3rd scorer yet he's 8th in the depth charts on Arkansas and barely plays anymore.

Reaction Score
Get out of here, Vance Jackson would probably get no burn at UConn
He'd basically be a rebounding version of Polley with interior presence. Believe me, I'm no fan of Vance, just noting how deep Arkansas is. The freshman Jaylin Williams who is getting time over him is going to turn into a good player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess that’s right, I’m confused. Didn’t Polley, Carlton, Jackson, Durham and Vital come in together? My brain is mush.
No
Vital , Gilbert, Jackson, Durham Diarra
There was also a big who ran into some trouble and.either we pulled the scholarship or he decommitted.
That was Ollie’s best recruiting. Class.
and Larrier became eligible
The team was ranked top 20 preseason .
Next years class was an afterthought.

Reaction Score
No
Vital , Gilbert, Jackson, Durham Diarra
There was also a big who ran into some trouble and.either we pulled the scholarship or he decommitted.
That was Ollie’s best recruiting. Class.
and Larrier became eligible
The team was ranked top 20 preseason .
Next years class was an afterthought.
That class called itself the "top five" because there were 5 guys and they were rated as a top 5 recruiting class. I think a late recruit somewhere else bumped their rating to 6.

Reaction Score
The big was Zachary Brown I think. A top 10 big or something who got into huge trouble for armed robbery. Had some personal challenges also as his guardians looked to be exploiting him a bit. Despite what folks remembered about the last guy this was easily one of our greatest classes in paper. But he smartly told the kid it was best he move on

Reaction Score
Polley and Carlton came in the year after Jackson's class. They were recruited to replace all the players that were transferring.
That’s not true
Carlton, Polley, Whaley were the actual recruits all projects will little expectation of minutes. The stars of that class were to to be MAL but he decommitted very late and Sydney Wilson who
was declared ineligible for enrolling in summer school at St John’s.
That’s not an awful class if it held up .
Cobb, KW, and 2 Grad transfers were last minute replacements.for the deserters. I like to call them NFL replacement player although Antoine Anderson was a decent player.
We lost Brimah , Purvis, and Facey to graduation and Gilbert in the MSU game . . Larrier , Gilbert ,and Diarra missed the entire previous year.
Only Adams and Vital had any significant experience Playing together.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Polley looks like Zach LaVine compared to Vance. Vance has rocks in his shoes, can't imagine Hurley playing him.
Did he get any run today? I didn’t see him.

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is Vance would probably be our 2nd or 3rd scorer yet he's 8th in the depth charts on Arkansas and barely plays anymore.
Crazy thing is Vance would have been gone after last season if he stayed at UConn

Reaction Score
Ollie was a bad evaluator. Really bad. We recruited Bryant level talent. Pretty sure we would have been 2nd or 3rd in the NEC his last year.

Reaction Score
Here are a list of Recruits and transfers

2012-13 Phil Nolan Omar Calhoun
2013-14 Brimah, TS,Facey plus PG Kromah
2014-15 Hamilton ,Lubin plus Juco Cassell plus transfer Rodney Purvis
2015-16. Jalen Adams ,Steve , Enoch plus Post Grads Gibbs, Miller
2016-17. Gilbert ,Jackson , Vital,Durham,, Diarra*plus transfer Larrier*
2017-18. Polley,Carlton, Whaley ,,Wilson (ineligible), MAL decommitted
2018-19 Akinjo,decommitted Matthews decommitted Kisunis decommitted
We failed to recruit a top PG from RB 2010- Adams 2015 that hurt plus
injuries that career threatening or near career threatening to key players.
Calhoun,Gilbert, Diarra,Larrier had major injuries Durham came here off two ACL’s .
Only Lubin and Cassell were over their heads

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom