OT: - Vacuum Sealers/food savers | The Boneyard

OT: Vacuum Sealers/food savers

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I posted this somewhere, and got good replies, but I can't find the post.

Im looking for recommendations, what to look for, etc.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
One of my favorite purchases I have ever made. I have a FoodSaver, not sure of the model but it has the place for the bag storage inside the machine along with the cutting strip. I would recommend getting one that has similar option as it makes cutting the bags to size much easier after dealing.

I did not research too much about which one to buy just bought the newer version of my original one that died after almost 10 years. I would imagine most are very similar at this point.

Reaction Score
We've had a Foodsaver 2200 for about eight years, still works great. Its saved a lot of cheese over that time and seems to extend the life of frozen meat. I use it when I'm going to sous vide something as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
We've had a Foodsaver 2200 for about eight years, still works great. Its saved a lot of cheese over that time and seems to extend the life of frozen meat. I use it when I'm going to sous vide something as well.

Can you Sous vide meat in the sealed bag, the freeze it in the same bag?

Reaction Score
Can you Sous vide meat in the sealed bag, the freeze it in the same bag?

Yes, I have vacuum sealed meat, frozen it and then at some point in the future dropped it right into the sous vide bath for cooking. There is typically NOT even a need to add time to the cooking process to account for the meat being frozen. I think the increased heat transfer properties of water versus air makes the difference between frozen meat and thawed meat negligible.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It was on the facebook.

Because of that post I ordered a Geryon. Package got "lost" so I cancelled and reordered. Hope to have it by next weekend.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It was on the facebook.

Because of that post I ordered a Geryon. Package got "lost" so I cancelled and reordered. Hope to have it by next weekend.

Still can't figure out how to search my Facebook page on an iPad. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom